HybridZ

Double adjuster for control arms, where to source?

proxlamus

I need help.  I'm trying to fabricate front and rear control arms and I want the control arms adjustable while ON car.  The secret is this "double adjuster" or "threaded adapter".   I'm struggling and I've spent houuuurrsss on google,  bing and several other forums.   Does anyone know the proper terminology for the part circled in blue and do they have a source where I can get one?

20190218_175045.jpg

I don't believe that design will be adjustable on the car, if they are all RH threads.  You'll need a double adjuster with RH threads on one end and LH threads on the other.  I'm using one like this on my adjustable front LCAs:  https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Stainless-Steel-Double-Adjuster-3-4-16-Threads-5-1-2-Inch-Length,49011.html?sku=91012500&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2PO3qtzL4AIVD6rsCh0KNwaoEAQYASABEgKEwfD_BwE

P.S.  I believe the name of the piece you asked about is a threaded rod end adapter.  That design would work if you can find them in opposite thread directions.

Edited by jhm

• 3 weeks later...

Allstar Performance sells one (ALL99050) but it doesn't say what the thread sizes are. I bought some from Techno Toy Tuning several years ago (3/4 inside thread, 1" outside thread) but I don't know if they sell them individually anymore. They're not listed on their site, you need to call and ask. Let us know if you're successful.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you ever found it but you can buy them from here https://midwestcontrol.com/shop/index.php?route=product/search&search=banl

They are called a barrel adjuster nut or sometimes a barrel bung nut.  I use the 3/4 outside thread and 5/8 inner.  If you need fine control I'd recommend not a left/right setup but using two different thread pitches.  

Hope this helps,

Cary