HybridZ

yet another set back

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

well since my work is seasanol i dont really work during the winter at all.. so now im haveing to sell my 327 so i can make it till next month looks like im guna have to find another job if i want to get this project car dun...

Guest Anonymous

I'm gonna catch hell from the admins for this..

If English is not your first language, then please disregard.. I know my spelling in German isn't the best...

But if not, and English is your primary language... Your spelling makes your posts almost unreadable. A typo is easy to overlook, but for God's sake, spell American right???? icon_mad.gifugg.giftwak.gif

Guest Locutus

I can read his post just fine. Maybe it is my years of working on the internet that I can understand a commonly used language on the net. Alot of people on the net spell things the way they sound and not the "dictionary" correct way. I don't know where or how this started but it can be just as effective. Rather english is his primary language or not he got his point across and I don't see why we should be at all worried about grammer or spelling when none of us get it right 100% of the time. As a general policy I don't nit pick someones grammer because it leaves me open to the same scrutiny and I personally don't care if people like my grammer and spelling or not.

Mike

I agree, cut the man some slack. My spelling is not great at times and please do not correct me on it as my mother still does enough for everybody. The sad part is Im 40. emo.gif

zfan..Mike

Guest Anonymous

ok here is how it is if you dont like the way i spell dont read my post..... every one has there bad side for all i know you cant speek english but i dont care if you can speek and for that its nun of my bizzness how you speek... another thing i have learned my selfe by talking on this bored is that where all z owners some v8`s some inline 6 some v6 even some 4 bangers and so on but we all have the z in the blood and it only hirts it to argue over some thing stupid... so from now on if you dont mind keep your coments to your selfe ugg.gif

Hey 82racecar,

I hope you can get a job that will give you enough time AND money to do your project car. Money is almost better than time, because then you have all the parts for the swap!! Anyway, I hope you get something you like. What is your seasonal occupation anyway? Construction?

Davy

Guest Anonymous

curentily im working for a termite place but this is only because it was the onely thing that payed that was till the winter the only thing i really like doing is working on cars any and all cars any one in virgina that can help a 16 year old with a job let me know im kind of desprit right now not only do i need to build me a bad z but i am haveing trubble makeing my inshurance man i cant waigh till the summer icon_sad.gif

I've been through those times! Family moved away when I was 17. Chose to stay and make a go of it. Had winters without much more than soda crackers. It can be hard, but the hopes and dreams are free. Keep planning and researching for your Z. Even if its not as soon as you'd want, it will happen. Keep your eyes open for other employment.

JS

Guys, I'm guilty of poor typing as well...We all have different education levels and different backgrounds ...get off the "Speak English" tone of the thread and move on... Doesn't have to make sense to you in his signature...It makes sense to 82ZXRacecar and that is all that matters. He is 16 and learning... Think back to when you were 16... I know I didn't speak so good back then either...

82, hope you get a good job soon... But I'll tell you like I tell my own step sons...Focus on school work right now and learn as much as you can so you can make some REAL money when you get out of school.

Mike Kelly

Administrator shifty.gif

Couldn't have said it better bud!!!!Good luck and keep your goals and abitions high. I am 30 and 5 + years in to my Z and still am only half done. No thanks to Terry(blueoval) I have new ambitions and ideas for the Z of my new dreams! Terry, the wife likes the ideas so I took the credit! HEHE! bonk.gif

not to add insult to injury,

82racecar, i don't think he was talking about your post. it's ur saying at the end of your post

postimport= handling Amarican=raw hp

import+amarican= one bad ride

i'm not looking to start any thing, not trying to make any one look good or bad and definetly not to insult any one, cuz i know i'm not exactly the best of spellers either.

sorry to hear about the job, hope u find a good one soon.

Guest Anonymous

good luck on finding a job man, i know how it can go. i'm in the same boat right know but i have to pay tuition for college. and my next semester(here in like 2-3 weeks) i'm only gonna take one class. but this class is worth 32 credits and costs 4 grand. although i do come out of the program a certified electrician so hopefully it will help me get a job. tough break on selling your 327 that must suck. i just had to sell my 99 ranger truck 'cause it was costing too much ($318/month just for the insurance not to mention the truck payment itself) my best advise to you is just keep dogging people till you find a job.

looks like i might have to go flip burgers although that is a last resort option i'm about to hit it. but if you wan't those parts you need the cash, know what i mean good luck to ya

times are rough, sorry to hear about you selling that motor, its a bad time for jobs in general right now. im going back to school and going for degree number three, and im going to school at night to learn autobody, two trades that should get me at least one job one of these days.

Guest Anonymous

I thought i would'nt have to worry about the whole money thing,(enlisted NAVY) so the money is constant regardless of the economy, but the woman lost her job so the money gets diverted and the Z just sits waiting.... hey just gives me more time to figure out a more wicked setup!! but progress on the car is also essential to the psyche.. as some one once said.. and this too shall pass! good luck! Oh and kevin, im figuring the same idea for the 400 with 3" cank ! maybe some 6" or longer rods! be able to rev with imports! DAN

Hey 82 This may sound silly but why don't you see if a local auto shop might put you to work? I've never turned down a hard worker who was willing to try!! The plus side is good access to used parts other techs to bounce your ideas off of and maybe a few bucks for the z and your pocket!!! Keith

Guest Anonymous

iv tryed and tryed and tryed ..... there like you got 2 be 18... bah hum bug shifty.gif just waight till i finly get my v8 z and show them what a 16 year old can do.. any ways made some trades and i got a diff 327 but lets say it needs a lot and i mean a lot of work such as braking 2 pistons out that are stuck... well the crank is good ... cam um haha all ready in the trash looks like i got a block crank push rods and 5 10/1 compreshon pistons... think i can get my hands on a z28 cam give me a little lop and a little power mabey try and get me some 11/1 pistons right now im stuck with 194 heads but i cant have that now can i any ways still no job and looking every day.... icon_sad.gif

Hmm, yes, i know the entire "lack of cash flow" scenario like i know the underside of my Z...(unfortunately, extremely well on both counts...) I mean, i enjoy wrenching, but i wish i had the cash and a nice place to work on my car. It's been sitting for somthing like 5 months now. and i am getting pretty anxious... i'm just tyring to get the l-6 and 5 speed that i have in it going...

unfortunately, my stupid ass slid into a curb and need to get the rear end aligned or replaced. ( no unibody damage as far as i can tell, the grade 8 bolt that sheared saved my car!)

Anyways, i too am 16, and although i know that i could get a job, i also know that with that job would go most of my free-time, my participation in my band would pall, and i wouldnt be able to get time to work on the Z...

I have a 327 that i found in my mom's garage, it appears to have been freshly rebuilt.. but it had rust in 3 of the cylinders, but i worked on them and got it loose, and didnt even break a ring.. hehe. Unfortunately i dont ahve the thousands of dollars that it would require to get the v8 going in the car... PLUS i am planning on attending WYOtech with a long time friend of mine and possibly opening a custom hot-rod shop after we graduate from there... ooooh about 5 years down the line. Tuition to that school is mighty expensive...

Plus i get crap from my parents about wanting to go into the automotive industry, and about wanting to get a job... They think i should be more academic and pursue a career crunching numbers or writing.. ( which, when i put some effort to, am pretty talented at)

Oh and this is getting long... so, one last thing about the proper english topic, I personally use nearly proper english when i have something to say, people usually listen more intently when a person sounds educated. And it DOES annoy me when people can't spell their own name, but hey, i'm glad that not every 16 year old out there can write like a lawyer when they want to, sets me apart a bit...

Anyways, to kind of show off, and maybe ask for a bit of assistance, would you guys be so kind as to check out this link? http://forums.paintballcity.com/showthread.php?threadid=201779