HybridZ

rb26 section?

stony

You and Cuong have inspired me greatly, i think ive been reading about doing this swap for as long as you guys have been doing them, and i cant wait to learn more!!! right now im based on learning about replacing the stock ECU and that stuff, do you guys have Standalones or what? one thing i dont know that i have come to understand is this, can you just use the stock ECU and reprogram it or something somehow???

Thanks for all the inspiration, and i hope they do start an RB swap section, even if the thrill of being the only ones doing it goes away, the ability to do the swap without have to make all those custom parts would be nice...

-Zach

if you were in japan i would say stick with the stock ecu as there are alot of places that can tune them.... not sure if you can find a place in theS that can tune them maybe its a universal thing but i would stick with a good stand alone EMS. and if you want to save some time and money get something that can datalog. AF ratio, egt ect ect. i love the rb but as with any go fast thing i want more now. my original goal of a 10 sec car has pretty much gone out the window with the nine inch install. im dropping the car this week for a 10 point cage and nine inch install. later will be a th350 with a good 3000+ stall. then i get to play with the motor. would like to get it into the 9s. The really cool thing is this motor is very capable of this with just a few more boilt ons and a drivetrain that wont break ;> rockon.gif

Clint,

Actually we just all wanna be like you! You and Cuong. 2thumbs.gif

It is becoming more and more official. I just sold the harness bar and 4 point system from my BMW and have put the Ground Control suspension up for sale. It is sad to start to see these things go.... But at least I have the Datsun.

-Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

I think my RB20det will be coming out of my zed pretty soon...

...to make room for an RB25det :D

the rb20det is nice.. but the 2.5 will just be soo much more driveable.. wont bog down off boost, much better turbo, etc..

should be a bit of fun

and yeah - i'd agree - an RB section would be excellent.. but maybe not yet, as a majority of the viewers of this site are in US and i believe its quite hard for you guys to get your hands on these great lil engines!

either way - i'd contribute all i could to help people with the conversion/modify them..

Originally posted by LEN168:

i think the rb motor is one of the few alternative sixes, there is 2jz, 7m, and GN, i think they all fit good in the alternative six forum, although there has been a lot of rb26 and l28et action these days.

hey hey hey....lets not forget the 1JZ.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Akuma no Z

well if you ask me I think that there should be two 6cyl boards. one for the GN and Toyota and other 6 cyl engines and then one for L and RB and VG and other nissan/datsun engine hybrids. the i dont have anything against any hybrids but if there is to be a split it should be there. so there is one for the origional motor. one for the same companys motor. and one for all the other 6es and then however the 8s are arranged.

hey i was just thinking, how well do you think the 4.5l v8 from a Cedric/Gloria would fit in an S30? just a thought.

Guys, not to be the rain on your paraide, but we have something to the tune of 26-27 catagories already... It just isn't likely to happen... It's all we can do to maintain the amount of traffic and bandwidth we have now, not including the issue of keeping up with all the posts...

Mike Kelly