HybridZ

Wanted: S30 stub axle/companion flange. Or two.

XplosiveLugnut

I let a stub axle nut get loose and the splines now have quite a bit of back lash.

That's what I get for not checking it. Ever.

Definitely not comfortable hammering on it.

Any 240/260/280Z axle/companion flanges will work for me. The later the better though.

If you have a pair of axles/flanges and would prefer to sell them together, I'll take both. Never hurts to have a spare.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Was expecting email notifications. Forgot to check that box.

Thanks for the spline count info. I didn't plan on mixing axles and flanges, but that's good to know.

I'll end up with aftermarket axles eventually, but I guess I'm going to try my luck at least once. I'll be happy if I get 2 or 3 years out of a used axle.

One of the problems with the stock stub axles is the mounting flange can become bent/warped. Not so much of a problem with drum brakes, but drove me nuts after I did the rear disk swap. One caliper got hot and the other caliper was barely warm. I finally set up a dial indicator and measured the face of the flange. Both flanges were warped so they would cause the rotor to rub on the brake pad. I tried having the flanges machined,  but it didn't fix the problem. I ended up installing the stub axles from Chequered Flag Racing. No problems since then. I have also had a stock stub axle shaft break where the threads end (common) just pulling away from a stop sign when my Z was all stock.  I see that MSA is selling "refurbished" stub axles.