HybridZ

Joe's 1972 240Z adventure

Well, to be fair, the interior panels are all new.  The originals were so badly faded and crisp, that you couldn't remove them without them breaking apart and shattering. :(  The door panels are original and the small side panels behind the seats are original.  The vinyl over the struts was a faded pink before paint.

Edited by A to Z

6 hours ago, A to Z said:

Well, to be fair, the interior panels are all new.  The originals were so badly faded and crisp, that you couldn't remove them without them breaking apart and shattering. :(  The door panels are original and the small side panels behind the seats are original.  The vinyl over the struts was a faded pink before paint.

Still nice and original.. Many would have gone with all black etc..  Nice...

11-20-2021 UPDATE.  Yesterday I pulled the door panels off, and got some pics of the insides.  Pretty decent.  I will need to repair the panels as some of the push pins have ripped out.  I will use sheet metal bonded to the cardboard for reinforcement.  Also painted and blacked out the center console......I can go over some of it later with a chrome paint pen.  Sure shows how my dash is dry from the alcohol wipe down....time to armor all it.   :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

11-22-2021 UPDATE: Gosh.....today was a good day on the Z car. 🙂 Even though I got a late start, I feel like I got a lot done. I went ahead and cleaned out my doors, via screwdriver in the seam and vacuum, then wiped it out with alcohol wipes, then painted them with rust preventer and then finally, a coat of white. The pics are cool, as I am able to stick it in there, where you can't see....so when the "dust" clears, you take a pic, and see if what you have done is "good enough" or not. 🙂 The driver's (left) door is clean as far as any rust holes, but the Right door was not. 🙁 As I am out of all-metal right now, I decided to try some JB Weld steel stick. After it is hard, I will take a sander and grinder to it. If it falls out? GOOD. Better now then later. I went ahead and cleaned up and painted my windshield dash metal trim piece with satin black as well as it's mounting bolts. Also went ahead and measured & drilled and got the holes needed to mount the passenger mirror on, oh, and finally mounted my passneger fresh air pull knob to the dash underneath. My interior rear view mirror looked hammered to death....so I went ahead, sanded it up, went over it with steel wool to get it smooth, and painted satin black. The plastic part I wiped down real good with a rag and denatured alcohol. The mirrored face has a bit of patina around the edges. Oh well. 🙂 I took A TON of pic's, and I will post them, with some commentary. If it's a tad redundant, sorry....as I have said before, I am keeping a record of all of this work. I hope you like. Any questions, please ask! 🙂 Cheers!
No photo description available.

43 Comments

Comment