HybridZ

T3 Long Nose R180/R200 CV Axles for 240/260/280Z

FJOVA

I just saw these on the T3 website.  They claim to be good to 350HP... I assume that is WHP.  I have seen other CV axles that look similar but I called T3 and they told me they build these.   Anyway, has anyone used them and what is your experience so far?   The price is about $600 for a pair so they seem like a good value.

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/long-nose-r180r200-cv-axles-240260280z

image.png.8e0d0139a628d0e31b3d7dcdf70ffebf.png

I notice in their ad that they say it works well with their parts.  But doesn't say how it works with stock parts.  I'd want to know how long they were, both extended and compressed.  Some 240Z's with R200's have binding problems, and other CV axles on all S30's have binding problems.

Anyway if they have the numbers you can compare them to what you're replacing and you can be sure.  Don't take their word for it, get the measurements.  Good luck.

...And, at least for now, they appear to be unavailable.

I remember when DatsunRestoMods was producing that style axle, but they advertised a lower power limit (200-250 hp, IIRC).  I loved the design concept, but they stopped producing them before I was ready to spend the $.  It would be nice if T3 continued to produce these....especially at $595/pair.

Zcardepot sells them for $560 as well(no affiliation).

TTT doesn't build them, they buy them from a supplier based on their specs(or quite possibly one they acquired from Fritz and sent to a supplier to duplicate). All you need are the specs and you can get them made in small batches overseas. IIRC Fritz said "250hp" because that appeared to be the highest verified hp on a set which were used. TTT is likely saying 350hp for the same reason, though no one has been driving on them for that long and vehicle weight, tire treadwear, and driving style matter a lot.

The real bummer is Fritz was selling a set which plugged into the Subaru R180. I asked Zcar if they planned on doing that and they said "no". Hopefully TTT decides to offer that configuration. 

Futofab has more options and a higher quality parts if you're concerned about the hp rating.

On 2/24/2023 at 2:21 AM, manimal said:

The real bummer is Fritz was selling a set which plugged into the Subaru R180. I asked Zcar if they planned on doing that and they said "no". Hopefully TTT decides to offer that configuration. 

Yes, I liked that option, too....eliminated the need for separate side axles if you were swapping in a Subie LSD R180 IIRC (which I had done).  Glad to see some other vendors offering different options.