HybridZ

Anyone ever used Gyraline DIY alignment tool?

I got an ad for this gyraline thing on Instagram which advertises the ability to do DIY alignments seemingly using your phones gyroscopic sensors. It honestly looks super sweet, but I haven't heard of it before and there doesn't seem to be too much info out on it so I thought I'd ask if any of you guys have any experience with this or something similar. With how often I screw around with the suspension, this would probably save me a lot of money if it really works well.

https://gyraline.com/?srsltid=AfmBOoonzfGKwgL5wLRT_Wl5WHc9hYeCTI1hTJwmyUHGzwQpuW70pYvN

Wow!  That is INSANE, if it works as advertised.  It has the potential to really speed up suspension and steering adjustments if so.  Did some googling, and could only find manufacturer ads...it would be nice to see some real-world results. 

If I understand the literature correctly, the utility (and accuracy) of the device lies within the app for your phone.  So when you purchase the "device" (just a plastic holder for your phone), you're also purchasing the app.  Is that your understanding of it also, @kaibiagi?

Thanks for posting this up!!

Hey Guys!

I'm Sam, the Engineer behind all of this madness. One of my friends sent me here! I'm a die hard car guy and really needed a way to do a more accurate alignment and FAST. With your iPhone (Android has a very limited [free] tech demo that only works on select devices) and our plastic phone adapter you can measure toe in about 20 seconds per axle. You'll want the phone adapter for the parallel protruding edges.

For pricing, the current model is pay-as-you-go and you can try it now for free: we are always improving accuracy and adding features. Users get the most advanced algoithm at 99 cents per one hour session, and the first three are free. More modes of pricing might be added soon, as we get more feedback around the subject. 

We are ALWAYS open to suggestions on improvments to the app and pricing structure, so dont hesitate to reach out if you have anything in mind. We're based in San Antonio and you can find us on Instagram @gyraline and I am @samwontstop, a co-founder of the company.

Thank you for the interest!

Sam

DSC_0062.JPG

• Thanks 1

@jhm Yeah it seems like it would be really useful for making quick alignment changes without having to bring it to a shop and having them do it for you. Save a lot of money too ofc. Looking at their website, they have a lot of testing data which looks pretty promising. Like you said though, I would prefer to see some reviews and data from users, not just the manufacturer. Like Sam said, you buy a 99 cent token for each alignment you want to do. I might just buy one since its only $40 and then take it to a shop to get an alignment check and see how accurate it is.

@Sam Henao This looks really cool, but I do have some concerns about the pricing structure in the future. Are there any plans to get rid of or increase the price of the tokens? I would hate to buy it and then have the pricing model be switched to a subscription system or something. What exactly do you mean by most advanced algorithm? Thanks for responding, this looks like an awesome tool.

• Like 2

@kaibiagi Our sensor fusion algorithm is continuously improving as we get more data to make it better. We won't be changing the price of the tokens; if anything we're talking about adding more ways to access: discounted bulk token purchases, a weekend pass for SCCA (this one's been asked for alot), a lifetime membership included with the tool at a higher price ($149?), and/or calibration modes to get to 0.01 deg for $49-99/mo for professional mobile mechanics, shops, and racing teams.

Basically we want to lower the bar to enter as low as possible to serve the community while still being able to sustain our own operations and make this thing even better! Any suggestions?

Have you reached out to any of the automotive YT creators? Having a review from someone impartial like superfastmatt would help convince people of it's utility. He seems like one of the few who would give an honest review.

This seems like a really great tool and I might be interested in a lifetime membership if there was some way to guarantee you'll be supporting it for at least 5 years.

@manimal We will absolutely be supporting this for the next five years. I personally developed it because I was tired of the alignment shop. and more alignemnt products are to come from the technology we developed to make it work.

@fusion We had to take a pause on the Android development to focus on the iOS one. The main concern is many Android phones have substandard sensors that we cannot effectively filter to the resolution required for an alignment (at least 0.05 deg or 1/40 inch). We are working on updating the UI and imrpoving accuracy at the moment though, and expect something to be ready by late October.

• Like 1