HybridZ

New POS TwinTurbo header pics

240Z Turbo

How much the milling cost?

I don't know, how much can I charge myself?

I know the primaries are a bit large, but it is the same size I ran on my last header layout design. I would think 1-5/8" would suffice, but it just makes things easier as my exhaust ports are about the same size as the 1.75" primaries. Sunbelt made the exhaust ports "D" shaped. Yes, the setup didn't spool for $hit before, but the NOS spooled the turbo's instantaneously at the track. Should be interesting!

header3.jpg

Yes, last I heard you were going with a big single...

but you are staying with the twins I see. Which turbo set are you planning on using now - the Mitsubishi again? Did you move the turbos up to use longer tubes, or for heat soak reasons? I bet you are fabricating a new intake :D , will you be changing to a center feed across the valve cover?

POS, yea its a joke as someone called my old header a POS. The tubes are large, 1.75", and tube length is in the 23" range per primary. Thermal expansion, what does that mean? HEHE! Not to worry, it will be ok. Flange is 5/8" cold rolled steel that I machined entirely on the mill. Holes have been oversized to accomodate some thermal expansion. BTW, did you notice the turbo's are going to sit up by the hood?

Still running the 16Gs and it will all package without cutting the hood or other parts of the car. However, if I have to I will. The front turbine housing sits just inside the DS strut tower with the compressor housing sitting infront of the DS strut tower. The hood is about 1/2" from the compressor housing. I will take a pic on the car and post it.

I'm interested in what you're doing about your tranny as well since my old 3 speed slips a lot under load now (orange car). I was going to go with the starquest tranny like you had, but am not sure. Although I'm not planning on making as much power I think it's possible I'll see around 320 to the wheels some day. Should the starquest tranny hold that with no problems?

I ordered all my stuff from Specialty Products Design .

The flex sections can be ordered from Turbonetics for about $50 a piece and they are 304SS. You can also order the mucho expensive ones from Specialty Products Design listed above.

As far as the tranny, I will be swapping to a 2004R when the new header and intake are complete. Only 1 project at a time says my wife! The Starion/Conquest tranny will support 320hp@wheels all day long with no slippage issues. I would say that is your best bet and it gives you a massive .68 OD ratio. Cruise at 90mph and 2700rpm!!!!