HybridZ

Now the Education begins...

Mikelly

...Mind you I know NOTHING about turbos and haven't worked on ANY turbo cars in over a decade... My kids T5 turbo kit came in last night... Anyone know of a good source for rubber boots that connect the tubing?? It came with all the piping... No boots though... The intercooler is an SVO unit, and the BOV and waste gates came with it as well... I've got a few oil plumbing questions... Can I just run one of those sandwhich adapters to the oil filter and get oil from there??? I also have a TURBOTX manual Boost controller, a Vortec FMU, and an HKS Turbo timer for it... The wife bought him the two gage pod and Autometer Boost gage and oil temp gage for it. Can't think of anything else I really need right now, other than learning how this stuff will plumb in. I also need to make a down pipe, and we'll have to get a custom exhaust made...

He needs to order a new hiflow cat with 2.5 inch inlet/outlet... Should be a fun ride with about 7 PSI of boost...

Mike

Yup, I stand Correct it is the Mitsu TD05 turbo...I need to find out where some of these ports go.... I'll probably need to upload some pics for you guys so you can educate me... I need to buy a book as well... The idiot who shipped it packed it all in PACKING PEANUTS and now I have to fish them all out twak.gif ... Damn...

Mike weird.gif

I'm running one of those sandwich plates on my L24et from perma cool. I think I'm running -8an lines to the oil cooler, and then on the return I have a T that goes off to a -3 AN SS braided line for oil feed to the turbo.

I then took one of those turbo oil feed flanges and welded a 1/2" nut on top so that that I could easily get a fitting on there to put the AN feed line on.

For the return I took my oil pan off, welded about an inch of one inch diameter pipe on, drilled it out. Then it was fairly easy to just get a hose and hook up the return off of the turbo into the oil pan. Put the return line above the oil line.

The reason why the oil return line is so much larger than the feed is because only gravity is pulling it down to the pan, and the oil after going through the hot turbo gets a little frothy. You don't want any back up or the oil will cook, so put the oil return hole in the pan higher than the oil level usually sits.

Here is the perm cool oil cooler sandwich plate page http://perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page28.html

Might be a dumb question, but Why not plumb it to the Valve cover???
I'm not a turbo guy, but does this not answer your question?

The reason why the oil return line is so much larger than the feed is because only gravity is pulling it down to the pan
Tim

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Is this for a Honda??? I hope so a TD05 is a bit small for a L6. I run a T off of the hole where the oil sending unit is located than a braided line from there to the oil feed. As for the return it must be routed downward to the oilpan if you do this wrong it will smoke. Do you need flanges for the down pipe? If you need bends to make the downpipe I sell 3" or 2 1/2" 90 degree elbos for $12.00 and I could make you any flange you need for that turbo. Good luck and give me a call if you need anything.

Alex Costa

Precison Mahcined Engines

1-800-665-0504