HybridZ

After market Turbo Exaust manifold

Guest RENN TURTON

Guest RENN TURTON

I remember someone mentioning the possiblity of producing a turbo exaust manifold in the $800-$900 price range, is it available yet? I am very interested in purchasing one, to fit a t3/t40e/r or a t-62 or t66.(undecided about size of turbo)with a 40mm or 50mm external wastgate.

There is also another exhaust header that has been made. the unit is made from SS 14 Ga equil length tubes with the T4 flange. The proto is completed and it looks excellent. I will contact Steven Monday and get the rest of the information on the unit and when it will be readyt to sell. :D

Guest De Schmaydee

...think cartech makes so real nice cast iron ones....they wanted me to have my car there to do it...(at the time)....i couldnt do that....but i'm sure it would be nice if it could be worked out....s

The cartec turbo exhaust manifold is cast iron with a provision for a wastegate on the end near the firewall....I had one on my old mikuni blow through system. Not a good design!!!

Donna we now have four orders for the South Florida Performance turbo header, TimZ, Joel, you and I!!!!

If anyone is interested...the header should flow about 30% more than the stock 280zxt manifold and is guaranteed for three years against cracking. Talk to Abid at 305-233-8520. He will fabricate the header for either the T3 or T4 flange, and make provisions for a wastegate flange.

GREAT!!!! rockon.gif

Yes ON3GO for our L28ET or should I say L??ET's:)

Yes JT, the turbo will remain in the stock location. :D

$750 Turbo manifold w/choice of flange for turbo. $50. for wastegate provision if you want. Also if you would like...$200 for 2200 degree Jet-Hot ceramic coated, your choice of color.

Okay TimZ and Joel.. What color did you decide on? TimO went black and I went with chrome finish.

Donna

I tell ya'll, just as soon as I can get it in my greasy little hands, I will be posting some pics of it. I would think that anyone else that wants to buy one or just find out about it, call Abid at the ph# in the post above. He will be more than happy to answer all your questions.

I will post a pic the moment it comes in, I promise 2thumbs.gifburnout.gif

joel

I talked to Abid this afternoon. He said the first header should be done the first part of next week. he is supposed to be sending a pic of it to me when it'd done. He said the deadline on the group buy would be when the last one is done which would probably be the middle/end of next week. He also said it comes with a dealtagate flange but he can make the flange for whatever wastegate you want to use.

JT

I keep hearing they are junk but the deltagate I have had on my z for a couple of years is several years old and has never give me a bit of a problem. I am upgrading to a standard HKS 40mm when it goes back together. I have a Tial on my toyota truck and it is a really nice peice. Haven't put it to the test yet but it's impressive looking at least.

JT