HybridZ

Anyone have an intercooler for sale? + questions about parts

ratedZ

I'm looking for an NPR intercooler. I've looked in ebay but I only found one and I'm not even sure if it's the right one (kinda looks like a Volovo unit :confused: ) Here's the link [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401125772&category=6763]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401125772&category=6763[/ URL]

and the pic

i-1.JPG

If that's not an NPR, anyone have one for sale or know where I can find one? (might consider the Porche 914 unit).

I will need some mandrel bends as I'm going to fit it myself...can anyone recommend a place? I know about Hoovers site and I will get my hoses from him.

Piping size: I'm not sure if I should use 2.5" or 3" could anyone shed some light into this? redface.gif

Fuel injectors: I'm getting the Mustang SVO injectors...I need the brown tops right?

Fuel Pressure Regulator: What are you guys using?

Do I need a new fuel pump?

I know, I know, lots of questions :eek: but it's about that time lol. I know my turbo will appreciate it and I can't wait to get a blow off valve! Thanks guys cheers.gifcheers.gifburnout.gif

For the mandrel bends i got mine from here www.sharpeproducts.com

As for that intercooler I dont know what would work good on a L28, but that one looks nice would it fit? And seeing as how your intake and exhaust are on the same side, you would have to run a long length of pipe back to the drivers side with that intercooler. Unless you could fit it in on its side?

Well...I put my bid on that NPR intercooler above. Will see if it goes for more than what I want to spend...

I also measured the space needed for this intercooler on my 280zxt. Looks like there's enough space for it up front. I think it would look killer!

So is that for sure the "large" NPR intercooler? I did write the seller asking about it. BTW, he has sold one or two others, and it appears he is bumping up his bid prices by having two accounts. If you look at the bid history, turbo0 or something like that bid on it like 6 times. Ok, go to that name and look at what auctions they have won.....hmm, same type intercooler, same background,(hung on garage door).

Smells fishy to me. I'm sure he sells the product fine, but he is clearly bumping his own price by the way I see it,(both are in Miami, FL).

I bid on the other one he has for sale,(3 days left). I'm gonna watch closely to see if the seller of the one you are buying bids on this one....

-Bob

WOOFRIGGENHOO! I got it rockon.gif The bidding ended at $290.00 so I know I got it for a good deal. I wathed that sucker till the last second waiting to counter if some one pulled a jack move lol. 1 part down, 4 to go...

Intercooler (done)

BOV

Piping

Fuel Pressure Regulator

SVO Injectors

cheers.gif

No I haven't sent it yet....should I worry about this? I don't want to send this money order only to be played like a sucker...any advice???

PS. I set him an email last night asking about Insurance....I got a reply with the same shipping price. I emailed them back and asked them that I needed this to be insured as I will not send money unless I know I will get the IC....What can I do from here....can't they send it COD and I'll pay the shipping costs first or something. You guys got me hella paranoid and I don't need the negative feedback in my perfect ebay record. :mad::mad::mad:

Originally posted by 280Zen:

On another note! can anyone tell me if this turbo thats up for bid on Ebay would work for a conversion Im planning.

Garrett Turbo

I have a 83 280zx coupe, Non turbo that Im planning on rebuilding into a turbo, I am wondering if this Garrett turbo would work. The add says it has a standard T3 style flange. Is this a more powerfull turbo than the T3/T-04E hybrid turbo that seems popular for turbo Z projects.

Those turbos are tiny little T3s, so unless you are going to run both of them, they will not work well. Just get a stock 280ZX T3 turbo and exhaust manifold for a good start on a N/A to turbo project.

Ratedz,

Ask him to do COD. I just sent him the info for how to set it up for COD, so he should know now. Do a Bank certified check. If the item is not as he said, cancel the check before he gets it. you don't have that option with a money order.

I wouldn't get too worried about it. COD is a bit safer and if not what you ordred, and you act fast, you can cancel payment.

I think you'll be fine so don't fret.

-Bob