HybridZ

Hello mister 911 turbo!!

Z-Gad

I was running a couple of errands today and feeling pretty good about the new ACT pressure plate, so I had to add some race gas to see whether or not it held boost. well, 20+ lbs of boost were no problem in any gear, even under heavy load...

Anyway, I was heading down the East/West Expressway (for you locals) and what do I see, but a new 911 turbo (pearl white, temporary tags, huge brakes, a really beautiful car) in my rear view. I let him get up next to me, then past me (so I could check the car out) and I pulled back up next to him. I guess he figured he would show me what it would do and took off. I was doing ~ 60 in 4th gear and just floored it. I still had the boost set at 20 lbs and the car just started eating up the road and I reeled him in suprisingly fast and easy. It was an older gentleman and he had a rather bewildered look on his face as I walked past him. When I was a car length in front I slowed down and watched him drive past (he still wore the same look of disbelief). I laughed all the way home :D:D:D

Certainly does not surprise me. The performance spec for that car is as follows: 0-60 3.9, 0-100 8.9, 1/4-mile 11.9. That IMO should make you about dead even but consider he probably left it in 6th underestimating you......

I would still kill for one though but the dealer does want to trade heads-up for my 84 Carerra :D

See you tomorrow night?

Jeff, so far so good on the seal. The input shaft from his driveshaft may have been worn as you said... who knows

Scottie, I have company coming from Finland tomorrow night and they will be staying with me a couple of weeks. This car has now been promoted to "daily driver" status and I cannot afford to beat on it too much until the 73 is back on the road. I'll see if I can take some time away from my visitors to finish up the 73...

I'd be willing to swap heads up for the 911 as well :D

everytime i see one of these kill stories i always think of that priceless commercial....

HKS turbo....3800.00

1000cc HKS injectors... 1300.00

full exhaust.... 800.00

Booste controller....500.00

10 gal of race gas....60.00

the look on the owner of a (insert exotic sports car here) as you pass him look a red headed step child driving a civic.....priceless :D

As Scottie said, he may have been in the wrong gear (I was too), but the expression just killed me. I am sure he wasn't expecting anything out of my "little beater". It is just so rare to run across one of these exotic sports cars when your car is really set up to go and the other driver is willing to do something. I just happened to be, "set up to go" and he was "willing to do something". :roll: Gotta take advantage of those situations...

No offense taken :cheers:

That's one of the rare "dream kills', When I'm driving around in my Z I get challenged by ricers with a big tail pipe, stickers and a thundering 150hp under the hood. When I'm in my 4 door sedan or SUV, THEN I roll up next a Ferrari. :roll:

Guest livewire23
With me in a primered Z and no real HP, I dont think anyone in a "respectable" Ferrari would want to even look at me :D

hey mudge, you goin to the next Z meet on april 5th? Me and Inzane240 are planning on having our own little "primered Z" section. You'd probably fit in well :D