HybridZ

Turbo decision time. Help

yo2001

OK, my turbo is going south after couple overboosting the crap out of my stock turbo. So it's time for me to decide on a turbo. I would like to upgrade since the T3 rebuild isn't much cheaper than Hydrid T3/T4. I guess the cost isn't too much concern as long as I'm getting something that's going last and allow me to get more HP later on.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be using stock Nissan turbine housing with Stage III Garrett GT 10 blade so I won't have to alter my DP. I'm not too sure about the compressor side. I could go all the way and get a T04E with 50 trim or 57 trim but then I would have to use spacer. Or I could go with T04B with S, V or H. I was told the Super H is good but might be too big for my 2.65L. So what do you guys think?

Alex, I would like your price quote too. I don't know your new number :D

I'm thinking if I run 14psi, I should be good on the street. I would go 60-1 but I don't need anything that big on the street car I don't think. 60E sounds good but 50E sounds just as good to me. I've seen H and I probably be happy with it too. So many choices.... :D I got a big enough IC and DP. I just need to be aable to run the turbo with stock EFI with RRFPR and Safeguard. Thanks

hey yo i have the t3/t4e .70 a/r and a 60 wheel and it works great and lots or room for imporvement.I just ground some of the exhaust manifold out and put a sheild in between then and i didn't need a spacer.I got mine from ebay and lucked out good luck on your search

Thanks. I'm thinking I'll go with 60 trim compressor housing with 60E wheel(if it fits) and Stage III Garrett GT 10 blade. Just need to comeup with some money. I hope I don't need a spacer. I guess I'll see. :D

Definitely post results on how it fits and works when you get it. I'm trying to get an idea of which TO4E compressors fit without spacers, as I don't want to redo my exhaust when I upgrade my turbo (just installed 3" mandrel bent with Scottie downpipe and Dynomax muffler).

You aren't going to limit your power with a .1 AR difference. Trust me. If you are worried about it, add the spacer and redo the DP. I would just run the 50, and was going to use that housing anyway until I bought this turbo from Jeff.

A 60 AR TO4B will fit, thats what I used to have.

Run the 50AR and make your life simple. 8)

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Use a TO4B super H. The housing is more compact and the wheel has demensions close to a 60-1. Tricky wheel, going stage 3 or 2 will give you a shorter "clipped" wheel that will produce a better throttle response. I've been running around setting up my office so its hard to get me by phone right now. Drop me a E-mail with your number and I can give you a call you know I'll hook you up.