HybridZ

Mobil Gas Station Conspiracy Theory

Guest greimann

Guest greimann

At three Mobile stations in my neighborhood, all within about 5 miles of each other, their grade selection buttons are in different order on the pump. More than once I have selected the wrong grade because I wasn't paying much attention and hit the button opposite from premium or the left one out of habit.

I contend that this a marketing conspiracy that is intended to sell more expensive grades of gasoline to the unsuspecting public. Discuss.

mobil1.jpg

mobil2.jpg

mobil3.jpg

At least with Amoco premium (white gas) you can tell.

I have a 720 Nissan truck with a weber carb, if I run anything but Amoco premium I get spark knox.

That`s the only way I know if I`m getting what I pay for.

Buy the way $1.65 for Amoco premium here. :D

That is just wrong. I see it all time. But put the rest of your fears to rest - they do have separate tanks - I know. My old Toyota knocks like crazy on the regular 85 octane, but only occasionally on the 87. I put 89 in it 2 weeks ago and had zero knocking.

Sheet' date=' you guys have 85? Or was that a typo? That would have to mean its about to hit CA any moment now :(

I already am tired of seeing people getting 94 at thier pumps and we have this 91 crud.[/quote']

No typo. This is Colorado - the high altitude is good for reducing octane requirements (and power!). Our standard grades are 85, 87 and 91. The 89 octane is more rare.

I'll have to find the email, but there is one floating around stating to boycott Mobil and Exxon. They are the two biggest gas companies, and if you boycott them, it will force gas prices down. I'd boycott them just for positioning the buttons in a different order.

I believe you really have to lack a conscience to run an oil company IMO.

Guest livewire23

oddly enough, I really do have crop circles in my lawn. You can imagine how happy that made my mom. :roll: I had accidently dumped a bucket of bad fuel in the lawn, and a week later, one perfect circle.

We pay way too much for gas around here. I have to run 91 to keep my prelude from retarding the timing, and when they switch the buttons I get pissed cuz my car runs ultra-slow for a week until I get some premium. Their loss though, I save some $$$. On another note, I went to infineon on wednesday, and paid $1.87 for 92 or 93 octane. No highway taxes I think.

Guest livewire23
you all have it easy when it comes to paying for gas,

sf bay area, ca

average of

premium (91) $2.29

regular (87) $2.09

so how do you figure I have it easy? :D

there must be some kind of conspiracy. Ever since we took back our electricity, now we bleed out the ears for some gas.