HybridZ

rear suspension almost done

ok here are pics of teh axles and z31 brakes on the rear. i need a small metal line to connect the z32 steel braided lines to teh calipers but its pretty much done. All i have to do now is take everything apart make it pretty and locktight and cotter pin everything. album_pic.php?pic_id=642

album_pic.php?pic_id=641

album_pic.php?pic_id=640

oh yea i just noticed this is probably in the wrong section anyone feel like moving it to the drivetrain section

And yes that is a wrench taped to the brake line :shock: its holding the old soon to be removed rubber line

oh yea i forgot to say the only reason i did this was because i got the entire suspension from a z31 turbo (LSD MODEL) for 200 bucks. The axles are shortened chomoly versions of the stock z31 axle. So the next thing to break will be the diff, tranny, cv joint or driveshaft... any bets on what it will be :x

Guest Zpeed

that looks awesome.

I was going to say about the Z31 not being the best possible swap, but as you got the whole rear for 200 its not to bad of a swap,

Ummm, my guess would be the driveshaft connection to the diff would go next, seems the weakest point, unless you've done something there..

gearbox won't break unless its old, and u've given it a beating, I've seen R33 boxes are pretty strong, but 450hp, maybe not that strong

Guest ae86drifter

stony, do you still have your 240Z tubular lower control arms?? know that you have Z31 setup you probably dont need them anymore. well i want them!! PM me if you wanna sell them.

stony, do you still have your 240Z tubular lower control arms?? know that you have Z31 setup you probably dont need them anymore. well i want them!! PM me if you wanna sell them.

From his picture, it looks like he's still using them ;) He adapted the Z31 stubs into the 240Z control arm and hub.

ok then the rear is done all 4 corners are tightened and cotter keyed. Need to drop the rearend again to reseal the diff cover. after thats done time to bleed the brakes and finish the cage. finished up the cell installation today all i have to do now is the plumbing. im just going to add a -4 nipple to the top as a vent. I ran a -6 line to the vent on top for the return. going to cap one of the -8 outlets and reserve that for future fuel requirments ;>

last but not least the sheet metal has to be completed on the top of the cell area. then time to install the electronics and go for a ride to the alignment shop. Hope to have this done by may 11 for the first event of the year at the track ;>

stony! you are the man!

thats a great looking setup, Almost looks like its supose to be there!

really impresive work there. im looking forward to hearing your results, and reading your right up on the swap. its alot of work...but just might be the answer.