HybridZ

Does anyone here provide 2JZ's?

Guest tt350

Guest tt350

I think that for my purposes for the car, and for the sheer hp, I think it would be best I sell my v8 and get a Toyota mootr. Anyone know what the 1jz 2jz and 7somethingZ diffrences are.

I have heard you can make extreme hp with the stock internals, which is excatly what i want.

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE FRONT CLIPS FO SUPRAS?

Thats the point.

Email or post, but I hope these engines dont bounce over 2500-3000 dolalrs.

I hope there are some dealers to be found in LA.

Thanks yall

There is a local guy making 1680 turbo HP on a V8, there is another guy with a blown 1k HP car, I would talk to them and ask what it takes to get a V8 up there. Hit up the Yahoo list I pointed you too earlier.

Your not going to make 1k HP on stock internals and road race it, for long.

Guest Damn Cracker

A 2jzgte wouldn't really make you any more sheer power than a good v8. yeah, you can make a bunch of power on stock internals, compared to 60's era small block v-8's. But that would cost you thousands in turbo setups and whatnot, and for that price, you can get a good crate engine, like a 400 hp 360 small block from mopar, and slap a blower on it for another bunch of horsies.

Guest tt350

Oh all right. You guys love the v8s too much huh.

Oh well, just a thought. I wasnt about to sell the 8 that fast!

But I thought the 2JZ's were very capable engines? I guess they are to a point, then the 8 takes over.

Thanks guys

For a 3 liter engine the Supra stuff is "great," but lets be realistic about long term driving. I can't say I know of any 987 RWHP Supra guys who are road racing thier cars, and they aren't on stock internals at that point either, should we even begin to mention how obnoxiously peaky they are? Power for 1500 VISCIOUS RPM, kicks the rear hard, forget trying to drive that thing on a course.

Give me a naturally aspirated 700+ HP 434 and I still wouldn't have have the balls to go WOT for very long, not to mention that is going to be a traction nightmare. Mopar race engine builder makes over 700 crank on his 434 in a 4th gen Camaro - on pump gas with a streetable idle.

Guest Anonymous
For a 3 liter engine the Supra stuff is "great' date='" but lets be realistic about long term driving. I can't say I know of any 987 RWHP Supra guys who are road racing thier cars, and they aren't on stock internals at that point either, should we even begin to mention how obnoxiously peaky they are? Power for 1500 VISCIOUS RPM, kicks the rear hard, forget trying to drive that thing on a course.

Give me a naturally aspirated 700+ HP 434 and I still wouldn't have have the balls to go WOT for very long, not to mention that is going to be a traction nightmare. Mopar race engine builder makes over 700 crank on his 434 in a 4th gen Camaro - on pump gas with a streetable idle.[/quote']

I garuntee you, you dont see 987 HP road racing V8s either, and they certainly arent on stock enternals. I garuntee you there are MANY 600HP+ Supras on stock internals, lasting a fair amount of time of various forms of driving, no better or worse than top V8 engines out there. GM considers the "most reliable" race type engine they have ever been connected with to be the C5R motor in the C5R GTS cars......making 650HP. Now, quoting a head engineer......"It would be nice if we could gain an extra 50HP to try to keep up with the power of the Ferraris.....however, at this point we are at a cieling of reliability and durability with this power output.......We have shown we can win on reliability in other areas of the car.....however, if we got caught up in trying to win a HP war with the Ferrari (meaning an extra 50-75HP) then you wouldnt see us lasting 12 hours and winning so many endourances raced". So, dont pretend that these 1000HP V8s you speak of are Honda Civics of reliability and legth of life. ;)

Guest tt350

I just found a dealer for 2jz. Goddam, I think i can build a 10000 hp v8 with that much money! (Kiddin ofcourse, but still).

$6500 for a STOCK 2JZ. First of all, I can get a Dart block (good for more than 1200 hp), steel crank, turbo pistons and forged rods for about that much (actually its around 4000, but just in case). Than I can go out and put a friggin' makc truck turbo on there (im doin all the pipin myself) and put a good IC, and im ready to whoop any supra, for half the price!

Ofcourse, ill have to deal with the whole chassis thing first :wink:

Anyway, Ya, I think the v8 sounds 10x more better bang for the buck.

Dont forget the roar that a big cam v8 makes compared to a 6. HA. Just the sound wipes out the other car, ESPECIALLY if it had a big turbo.

Anyway, not trying to start a war, but for my budget, I think ill stick with the 8.

How about the Lexus q45 v8. Are there many upgrade parts for it? Might as well ask about that, since its an 8. Can it be had for minumum ducets (that is one of the lamest commercials ive ever heard in my life, if you dont know what im talking about, never mind)?

Thanks yall

Mudge' date='

Would you have a link to a possbile website of this Camaro you speak of please?[/quote']

The 1680 HP car is a GN, the Camaro is found at http://para.noid.org/~lj , he sells low imp converter boxes for those on stock computers, as he is also.

I garuntee you' date=' you dont see 987 HP road racing V8s either[/quote']

Now thats a point for TT350, not me :)

So, dont pretend that these 1000HP V8s you speak of are Honda Civics of reliability and legth of life. ;)

I hope you weren't thinking I was! As I have stated previously many times, there is no such need for such assinine HP on a street car based road racer. However you still have a better chance with cubes, although I would also look at # of mains and style of cap, but pistons/rods seem to be the weak part of the link IMO.

Guest Zachb55

still, no V8 is going to be as cool as a Full-Boosted all out supra Z. i mean, you still have some fuel efficiency at 600 hp or so, and great handling, and most likely in the low 10's, i mean yeah it would probly be easy to do the same with a V8, most likely for less money, but i dont like the sound, or smell of V8s, atleast not the ones around here.... and you also dont get the awesome sound of that turbo spooling up, or the sound of the BOV, and those combined are worth money to me :wink: and a blower? come on guys, that takes away from your engine's power, not a good idea when your lookin for 10000 hp :twisted:

-Zach

still, no V8 is going to be as cool as a Full-Boosted all out supra Z. i mean, you still have some fuel efficiency at 600 hp or so, and great handling

Thats in the eye of the beholder, to me nothing is more badass than an NA V8 with a McNasty cam, however an NA setup is not going to get the gas mileage of a turbo car, correct. Under race situations though, EFI is EFI IMO, and with turbo cars running richer under boost than an NA setup car, I'm not really convinced the turbo car is going to get better gas mileage under racing situations. However, unless this car is going to be on a long distance course, no refuel will be required anyway. Since gas weighs something like 6.7 pounds per gallon, to me its not a huge concern, although again seriously tight race competition stuff is going to be very carefull with any kind of weight, however I am not guessing this is a 1000 HP spec series racer, because that was over in the 80s!

Guest Zachb55

yes, i agree its all opinionated, but im just saying that part of streetability isnt just "can you take off from stop lights without burning off a set of tires?" its also handling and MPG and other things, i feel that seeing as how in most cases your probly be dealing with a Carbed V8 compared to a EFI I6 and i cant see too many cases where a Carburetor will ever get more MPG then EFI, just to mention that aspect... but i have also considered V8s, but for the most part im not satisfied with looks more then anything, i like the way a nice I6 looks when it's "pimped out", dunno why, but its just really appealing to me. i would really like this guy to do a 2JZ swap if hes got the money because i would love to do it, but am restricted by experiences and the want to go with something that is tried and somewhat true, the RB26 swap.

-Zach

V8 is as tried and true as anything in the Z car save the L6.

As for carburated setups, I'm anti-carb without a doubt. I saw an average of 17-19 MPG daily driving working in SF, on trips I imagine I would have pulled somewhere over 20 MPG, dont really know or just dont remember. Since he is going turbo anyway though, the requirement for a huge high RPM cam isn't there, and anything under 3k RPM or whatever he chooses, can be his "daily driver" area.

• 1 month later...
I think that for my purposes for the car' date=' and for the sheer hp, I think it would be best I sell my v8 and get a Toyota mootr. Anyone know what the 1jz 2jz and 7somethingZ diffrences are.

I have heard you can make extreme hp with the stock internals, which is excatly what i want.

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE FRONT CLIPS FO SUPRAS?

Thats the point.

Email or post, but I hope these engines dont bounce over 2500-3000 dolalrs.

I hope there are some dealers to be found in LA.

Thanks yall[/quote']

If you are still looking for 1JZ or 2JZ front clips, I can get them for you. I have a 1JZ clip for sale in the for sale section for $4000. I am in Baldwin Park, California. Thanks, ERIC.

Go back to the V8 dude, your dreaming :)

All i have to say is that tt350 is contemplating this diffcult swap, but yet he has to ask so many questions, some that are totally obvious,............. :? ......has anyone seen his first idea? I recall it was an all wheel drive v8 setup in a z or something along those lines :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest NorCalZ

whats cool about the supra is when you a dragging you can get traction downlow where as the V8 produces so much torque you could be roasting your tires all day before you hook up. An engine designed for turbo would be much better performing than a NA engine with a turob.

whats cool about the supra is when you a dragging you can get traction downlow where as the V8 produces so much torque you could be roasting your tires all day before you hook up. An engine designed for turbo would be much better performing than a NA engine with a turob.

Is that the basis for the Supra joke:

"What do 400rwhp, 600rwhp and 800rwhp Supras have in common? 12 second time slips!"

It's a fine theory, but everyone knows the Supras suck at launching. And some of it may be that peaky power band.