HybridZ

Nicest Z 2.0

Guest zline

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since this thread has been hanging around so long I guess it's time for me to contribute a few that I've personally photographed in the past 2 years. Here's my first, Mark Owen's, ultra clean, nitrous V8 powered, "Red Stomper". More photos of this beast can be seen at my website, ZPARTS.COM

Enjoy,

SleekZ

00r31f10rw1.jpg

Guest Island Son
Mark Owen's, ultra clean, nitrous V8 powered, "Red Stomper"

NOW THAT IS A MACHINE, my gawd that is a beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME DAY SONNY SOME DAY

Keep em comin guys.....

OK, Here's my 2nd photo of Mark Ownen's "Red Stomper" taken in Stockton, CA about a year before the one above.

Raw, NOS V8 power in a carefully planned, understated, but very visually exciting, hybridZ package. This car is running 17x10 (front) and 17x11.5 (rear) custom made, Weld 3-piece wheels under those modest flares. Can you believe it? Car's full specs at http://zparts.com/sidebars/sb_mo_v8/mowenV8Z_specs.htm

Car was originally built to aggressively compete in NorCal SCCA autocross events to prove a point that V8 Z cars could compete effectively against the L6s and other dominant makes on the track such as the Corvettes and Porsches. Mark Owen proved his point well, taking several first places in Fresno and SF Bay area key SCCA regional events before selling the car in 2002 for $24,000 with a 10 year old V8 engine in it!

99r12f01c.jpg

Clean, simple, but oh so powerful, Nitrous injected Chevy V8 engine installation. Car was daily driver and a weekend racer and yet looked this clean everytime I saw it. Mark really took care of his car.

00r32f14.jpg

Enjoy,

Sleek Z

http://www.dirtcheaprims.com/ztuff/sezs3/pics/gnose4.jpg

i love this z.

i wish i could have seen it in person.

can anybody tell me what kind of flares these are?

i probably seen them before.maybe its the color that throws me off.

are the front ones the same that victoria british sells?

please tell me about the rears!

pretty please

Well,

over the summer I got into bikes (have an R1 now) so I haven't really been driving the Z much...it started having a few problems, but, I got motivated and fixed them this past weekend so it's all running good (it's amazing how much better new injector connectors can make a car run).

What has happened to the "NICEST Z" theme of this thread, ????

Since when does a few paint strips on a regular looking Z car or someone mugging for the camera qualify as a "Nicest Z" photo? I thought the idea in this thread was to showcase hybridz cars that have noticeably raised the bar on the hybridZ concept and ideal?

To help you'all get back on track, here's my next contribution, Kevin Wallace's Ford V8 powered, custom roadster with hand formed metal flares primarily built for autocrossing in New York state. Nicknamed the "Silver Shadow" by myself several years ago, many more photos of this car can be seen at ZPARTS.COM at

http://zparts.com/sidebars/sb_kw/kwrdstrv8_main.html

http://zparts.com/sidebars/sb_kw2/kw2preview1.htm

kwss2f03rw2B.jpg

as the starter of this thread...

let me set some stuff straight before it gets out of hand..hybrid is a good community, we dont need flame wars. we're not 12...well i'm younger than prob 90% of the crowd on the board...but age is only a number..but as the number goes up, so should tolerance.

I just started this series of threads so we can just post up what we like. for me, the nicest z cars are low, gnose, and have overfenders with some wide period wheels.

other people may like racing stripes....

i love the silver shadow too...

i made these posts so people can see what others are doing to their cars to get an idea about the paths they want to take with their own too.