HybridZ

twin turbo people please look!!

Guest zline

Guest zline

Alright, talking with a buddy of mine, we were messing around with speed options that were pretty insane...until i threw out a plausable idea...twin turbo L31, i know its nothing new, but the turbines I'd want to use are....

Forced Performance Big28, they're a T25/28 hybrid that can push out 325rwhp with max boost @ 3200rpm and a 22psi eff. rating (these stats are from an SR20)

Two of them on a 3.1L ....would it be a casket on wheels? or would someone want to/be able to fab up a manifold with proper flanges?

here's a link for the turbo, i know it says for DSM but with the SR20 T25, this is a popular mod

http://www.forcedperformance.net/dsm_turbo_big28.htm

Just because ONE turbo will be fully spooled at 3000 rpm on a 2 liter motor doesn't mean you will have that same performance with twin turbos on a 3.1 liter motor. As a matter of fact, if you take the flow capability of two of the T25/28s, and the same efficiency, and built it into one T3/TO4, you will get a better spool up, because the smaller turbos are being driven with just half the exhaust each.

Guest zline

lol played out...when will a built to a hilt Z ever be played out....our cars lasted 30+ years...so why not 30+ more when they're cool as hell :D

• 4 years later...
Guest Hatchet9mm

I have been dying to know how to get a hold of a tt manifold. I'm planning on building a 280zx to take to school then once a graduate to put the engine in an s30. I know some custom make the manifolds, but is there a company that makes them.