HybridZ

balance of a 260 with rb26 installed

stony

ok now i have ride hiegth adjusted here are the specs.

left front 690

right front 690

left rear 660

right rear 660

for a total wieght of 2700

im thinking with custom motor mounts moving the engine back an inch or so the car would be 50/50 ;> that is real surprising. I thought the engine would be alot heavier more like a 60/40 ratio. with that said this car wouldnt be half bad for road racing either :rockon:

not sure why total changed maybe the scales im using arnt calibrated that close. :roll:

im still waiting on wheels and tires so when they are installed and final stance is set might change a little more. i may have to bring the rear up a little if im guessing right this will move a little bit of weight to the front

Stony,

That is great news as the stock 240z is pretty close to 50-50. If I had my way, I would have 45 front, 55 rear. With Brad's setup, i.e. further back, hopefully my setup will end up with a closer to 50-50 distribution.

I also hope that I end up a little less in weight than you,(some interior stuff will be gone in my car).

However, your weights show that the RB is indeed about 200 lbs more than a similar 2.8L setup. I forgot, do you still have the heavy later style bumpers, or the earlier lighter ones? What abou the bumper shocks, still there or not?

-Bob

PS-Brad, if you are reading, any status change on my oil pan?

my car is as lite as its gonna get... fiberglass bumpers front and rear. with a small peice of metal holding them on, fiberglass seat, fiberglass hood, gutted out dash only holds gages. i should shed a few pounds with the new wheels currently have the stock z31 cast wheel on.

I read in a mag recently, not sure which one, about the new mercedes/mcclaren super car. Gordon Murry said he like thought the ideal balance for a front engine rear drive was around 48/52 front to rear. I might be out buy a percentage point but it was only a very slight rear bias. The panos race cars had more weight to the rear if i remember correctlly. Are you basing your decisions on the panos figures Bob?

Douglas

No, just great minds think alike. :)

I just know from track driving that the rear bias of cars such as the Porsche 911 allow much better braking and very late trail braking, which I like to do.

My old BMW M Coupe was 50-50, and given the choice, I would have dumped about 3-5% to the rear if I could.

Just something I have come up with over my time at the track.

-Bob

nope im not in the car once i get the new wheels on i will set the stance and wiegh it again with me in it. (220lbs)

summit set me my drag lites in the right box but inside were 6.5 inch BS wheels which wont fit ;< so i wount get the right ones till monday

My e-mail works great, I was just lazy. I knew you have been working on it, and knew you watched the boards.

Good to hear. Found a guy to do the serious welding on my car,(works in the shipyard here). He'll be looking at the car tomorrow and talking about what we need to do to adapt everything. Fun stuff! :)

-Bobby