HybridZ

is $10,500 a good price for a rb26 swap?

CUBAN

Alex,

I don't think they have done any 240Z's yet. I know they have done some RB20 and 25 240sx's. And I think they might be working on one RB26 conversion. It is not bolt in like the 240sx, so I don't know if they can make it work or not,(i.e. they have no experience in it).

Assuming they can do it correctly, not a bad price in my opinion. However, look at the cost of the upgraded parts not included such as brakes and suspension.

Also, what do they include with the swap, fuel pump? fuel lines? Radiator? intercooler? piping? Exhaust? Ask those important questions. They can't use the stock fuel lines. They will have to fabricate some kind of fuel tank, use an aftermarket fuel cell, or modify the stock tank. What about engine managment? Will it be stock ECU, aftermarket ECU, etc..?

For a fully running car with everything I listed done, 10.5 is a good deal. Do they realize they need to fabricate an oil pan and pickup tube?

-Bob

Hi there

That is not a bad price, but you have to consider what shape of the engine is in also, don't just think that is a good 30 or 60 thousand km, not all motors went through the same abuse. I can do that conversion for you too if you want, you can ckeck out my work. I'm the first few people who have done that conversion. check out my mounts for sale on ebay and check out my old car, also check out the link to my car.

Hi Bob, looks like you are helping someone out this time :wink:

Rick

thanks for the offer now i just need to convice my mo into letting me get a 240z because right now im selling my 280zx and my brother's friend has a fairladyz and im trying to see if he's going to sell it so i could buy it

thanks

alex

he's not selling it, but im going to see if i could convice him to sell it because 240z's are worth alot and a fairlady is worth more, my bro says the car doesn't work it just sits there like my 280zx with bearly any rust

thanks

alex

Guest Zachb55

Skyline240Z, ive seen your work, and it was very nice. i plan on doing a swap in the near future (maybe not for a couple years due to college coming soon and all) but i am highly interested in studying engineering and related fields that would help with doing this swap, i just thought i might get acquianted with you since i figure maybe in the future we can do business together. i'd really like to see your car sometime, you ever take it to shows in washington? well i need to get my Z back together and running before i can think of swaps, i may not go the RB route, maybe SR20, who knows? would you be willing to maybe help out if i went this route? i know you obviously must have a lot of skills to be able to put together the car you did.

-Zach

Hi Bob, looks like you are helping someone out this time :wink:

Well, mainly because noone has asked about afterdarktuning before - hence it wouldn't really be covered in a search. But I appreciate the friendly jab. :)

-Bob