HybridZ

AWESOME Z GAUGES

Guest brianglawson

$120 for a gauge overlay? that's a little expensive for some plastic/paper cutouts in my opinion. I'll just go with my phantom series gauges

Um... Y'all might want to take a second look at what this company offers. These aren't paper gauge overlays, they're backlit EL replacement faces. Y'all know I have very conservative tastes, and I think they look pretty cool, especially when they're done in the backlit red style with white lettering on a black background.

The only problem I see is that the pointers in the Z aren't backlit. How would you see where the needle is pointing, unless they supplied illuminated needles, as well? If they did that, I'd jump on them in a heartbeat. They'd make a great subtle update to the stock gauges.

Guest brianglawson

YOU KNOW WHAT CALL ME A RICER OR WHATEVER YOU WISH BUT THE RICERS ARE THE ONES MESSING WITH THE MOTORS BUILT LAST YEAR WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY NOT THE CHUNKS OF CRAP MADE IN THE 50'S FROM THESE CRAPHOLE AMERICAN COMPANIES THAT CANT DESIGN ANOTHER MOTOR BECAUSE THERE SALES ARE STARTING TO DROP ADN THEY DONT HAVE THE ENGINEERING EXPERTISE TO DESIGN A HALF DECENT F...ING MOTOR

Guest ON3GO

yo man im not a american motor fan at all. but theres more technology in a Z06 then some of these hondas, or whatever! and you better have facts to back up your statement because name one NEW jap public production motor thats out right now that can produce more hp per dollar then the new Ford SVT cobra motor... name ONE! or hell the new viper motor or the LS6.

hell even the fastest production car is a american car now! Saleen S7.

dont knock these companys because they can build awesome parts and cars and your stuck driving whatever. hell i would give up my Z for a new SVT cobra, or Z06, or viper.... i would give my left nut for a S7.

Look, we either get everyone to get along or we lock the thread and start banning people---this crap just has to stop.

evildky: there are far more diplomatic ways to put something if YOU don't like it, Opinions are like you-know-what's--if you have something constructive to say, great. If not, don't post it.

brianglawson: you need to take a breather and consider whether or not your skin is too thin. Take a little time to see if the moderators or anyone else comes to your defense before pissing on the entire Hybrid forum--you want to piss on American iron within an engine swapping website? Better think again before you rip another post...if you feel you have been slighted, email or PM a moderator like me and let me take action, otherwise hang out at some other website.

That said, if you guys can't get along and post constructively on this website, I'll wish you sionara as I see off posting on Zcar.com et al forever. :evil:

THIS CRAP JUST HAS TO STOP NOW, END OF STORY.

I'm done. :evil:

Davy

Davy, there's something else that needs to be said here, something that deals with common courtesy. If someone takes the effort to post something to the forum for public observation, they don't deserve to be slammed. Nothing squashes creativity like having the finger of God brought down on you because somebody doesn't agree with your idea. This forum is a lot like a brainstorming session, and one of the basic rules of brainstorming is that NOTHING gets slammed. Throw your ideas against the wall and see if anything sticks. In short, if you don't like someone else's taste, hit the backspace key and go to another topic.

That said, this is not a love fest, either! If someone asks our opinion on something, by all means give it! But if they are just tossing out thoughts (like Brian did) and you don't like them, then feel free to shut your pie hole and move on. Or at least do them the courtesy of actually READING the contents of the website someone links to and learning about what you're about to criticize.

And speaking of criticism, dk, your brother probably has the white/green el faces on his Honda, the ones from APC that illuminate like the face of a Timex. The gauge faces Brian is advocating can also be ordered so they backlight the numbers against a dark background, much in the same way as Cadillac, Lexus, Infinity, BMW, and yes, Nissan have chosen to do. It can be done with good taste. Don't throw out an entire concept just because someone before you did it poorly!

Scott--I completely agree with what you are saying--I tried to convey that idea more concisely.

I just don't want any flame wars going on over people's tastes on certain things, like style--this is supposed to be an open idea forum, but there are ways to write replies w/o being offensive.

I'm starting to lose my cool over these things because certain members (ex-members?) very recently have been spreading the cancer of flaming and it has to stop--might as well be now.

Thanks for your lucidity.

Davy

Um... Y'all might want to take a second look at what this company offers. These aren't paper gauge overlays, they're backlit EL replacement faces. Y'all know I have very conservative tastes, and I think they look pretty cool, especially when they're done in the backlit red style with white lettering on a black background

I stand corrected... if they offerred red replacement needles that would work well. But still not my cup of tea because of the cost - i find it a better deal to shell out a little more to get more-accurate-than-factory gauges... But then again. not everyone has cash for it.

Everyone needs to go into any one of the forums and read the sticky on "HybridZ rules and guidelines". Now that these have been posted, there is no excuse for this type of behaviour on this board, and now that the rules are out there, everyone is warned that the moderators and administrators of this site will enforce them strictly. There has been too much of this nonsense lately and it makes it unpleasant for everyone.

"Three strike" rule is in effect.

Tim

Back to the original subject, seems like they have been taking pre-orders for 240-280Zs for maybe a year now and they still haven't gotten 20. I think at one point it was up to 12 or 14. I guess some people cancelled. Personally I like the reverse indiglo gauges but yeah, I would want my pointer to light up also.

Nothing squashes creativity like having the finger of God brought down on you because somebody doesn't agree with your idea.

Or because they have personal issues with your vernacular.

Jim, what does that mean? Do you care to elaborate on a specific past topic?

YOU KNOW WHAT CALL ME A RICER OR WHATEVER YOU WISH BUT THE RICERS ARE THE ONES MESSING WITH THE MOTORS BUILT LAST YEAR WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY NOT THE CHUNKS OF CRAP MADE IN THE 50'S FROM THESE CRAPHOLE AMERICAN COMPANIES THAT CANT DESIGN ANOTHER MOTOR BECAUSE THERE SALES ARE STARTING TO DROP ADN THEY DONT HAVE THE ENGINEERING EXPERTISE TO DESIGN A HALF DECENT F...ING MOTOR

Read the rules lately?

If you really do feel that way, I don't want you as part of HybridZ.org anyway.