HybridZ

Front Air Dam Extension

zxtman

I have a FlexDam and it came with a 3" rubber strip that attaches to the fiberglass portion of the airdam. When I was at the track a friend noticed that it started folding under and flapping about 1/2 way down the front straight.

I switched to lawn edging from the supplied rubber strip, and that has worked fine.

Jon

Guest Zachb55

I love the look of the carbon-fiber extensions on some of the imports in the big car shows, and was planning on maybe fabbing one up, but of course this garden-trim idea sounds much more doable and cheaper for sure... well thats the future for me, i just got my engine running today, and it runs very well, but i have my first day back at school tomorrow, i guess summer is over for me... wish me luck!

-Zach

Check the pics of my car. I have been using the lawn edging for many years now. I like it. I don't worry too much about speed bumps with it...if it gets too scraped up (mine is 2" off the ground) I just replace it.

I too had the rubber stuff..it folded under the car at high speed.

Mine is attached with SS bolts, and some complain it looks too tacked on, or too racy with my clean looks of the rest of the car. Too bad for them...

Has held just fine at the high side of 140mph for years now...

• 2 years later...

I've seen this kind of thing on rally cars. Does anyone have any idea what type of material they use? Perhaps some kind of abs/urethane? Though from pictures, it kinda looks like rubber or vinyl.

So the general concensus is that rubber is too flexible to be effective at higher speed, and that lawn trim (whatever that's made out of) is stiff enough? Does that lawn trim stuff have enough flexibility that it won't bend up the front end it's bolted to if it hits something (ie curb, road debris)?

sweet pic!!!! whatcha got on that honduh?

too much...right now its in rebuild status, but T25, 9psi, stock block, worked head, LSD, ACT clutch, full suspention, and it's going back together soon and then it's for sale. I got to many projects, and not enough time to do them anymore.

duuuuuuuude that's sweet. I love me some honduhs :D

sell it to me!!!!

It is for sale...still all apart and some of the other parts are on the parts car. Cleaned up, slapped together, and tuned..it will be a car that can take the right driver to Solo II nationals. you just have to get the cage if it's on the safety list. I live up in CT.

heres one of the ads...

http://hondaswap.com/vehicles-sale-trade-wanted/offer-70608/

Guest 280ZForce
You can also use the vinyl trim molding used between kitchen cabinets and the floor. I used it on my first Z and it worked great. It's stiffer than the polyethylene lawn edging.

care to share a pic of what you are talking about...i'm looking in my kitchen and dont see that. and a pic of it on your car too please.