HybridZ

PANTERA FANS???

Guest Drewz

my uncle just bought a 1974 Pantera GTS with 11,000 documented miles on it. Is that thing fast and light or what?? it cost him a chunk of change but it is one of the rare GTS's that were sold in Canada that year. That 351 cleveland hauls a$$!!! I am not a big fan of Ford powertrains but WOWSERS. If I had the money he has I would seriously look at one. Anyone else a fan of these??? :!::!::!:

I have always dreamed of owning a DeTomaso Pantera gts. I got to see one at a Z car show acouple years ago(the owner is in the Dallas Club I think) and about drooled all over it, since I haven't seen one in so long. I once lived close to a guy that actually had 2. One was red and the other black. The black one was his weekend driver and the other was just for car shows. To have that kind of money :shock: , some day...

The exhaust on those things are so cool looking and damn do they sound great. I'm not much of a ford person either, but I wouldn't change a thing with that car.

He just got a new rack for it and we are installing a full new stainless exhaust for it including ceramic coated headers. He is presently installing some relays to unload the electrical like the headlights and new electric fans. Running new hoses is a real BI*CH though......2300lbs of fun just like the Z.hehehe It is the Silver one but someone repainted it the red and black. he will, in the long run, be going back to silver.

Panteras are great cars. Very versatile w/ the ford engine. They aren't 2300 lbs though. I was just on the web a couple of weeks ago w/ my brother checking them out. They're right around 3000 lbs unless the one you mention has been lightened up. I'll bet your uncle's a happy guy, they're the closest thing to a speedboat with wheels. :cheers:

huge pantera Fan here, i hang out with a lot of southeast pantera club owners. a buddy of mine that lives down the street has one we work on all the time, cept his is a 509 big block and runs twin t3/t4 Turbos... its fast.... I almost bought one a few years ago, wish I had. I plan on building on eventually.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I have been a Pantera fan as long as I knew what cars where. My first hot-wheels car was even a Pantera. :-D

I have never had the pleasure of seeing one in person, but I hope I will sometime! Maybe even in the rear-view mirror of my Z :twisted:

Back in the early and mid seventies I worked in the parts dept of the local Lincoln/Mercury dealer. It was also the local Pantera dealer. Had the oportunity to drive them several times. IT'S STILL MY FAVORITE CAR!

I remember a time when the owner of the dealership (my boss) had a Ford meeting in Lansing and drove one of his Panteras. On the way back to Grand Rapids, traffic was non-existant so he thought he would see what the Pantera would do. Well, he got stopped and ticketed for doing 160 in a 55.

I love Panteras. The lines of the car are so classic. That is one of those cars that are ageless. You look at the styling at it looks just as beautiful today as it did back when it was new. You hardley ever see them. I would love to see a pic of his car.

They are one of my all-time favorite cars :D

They are so good looking (Italian lines), have an American V8 for muscle, and handle oh so well, that I would have one now, but I opted for four kids instead :D

If I get into the right position when I move (eventually) to Texas, I may actually buy one. The hard part is finding one that has not been either trashed, wrecked, or is a show car. Still the prices hover at $30K or more. I would LOVE one, or two. *sigh* :roll:

Davy

Kid-Vid, I know that car! It's on Mills! I was driving by there, on the way to Wally-world, and happened to glance over - and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bold white Pantera beneath camping gear! The guy was cleaning out his garage, and there was this gorgeous thing in there among the normal household dreck. We talked for a minute, then he closed the garage door. He doesn't want to get rid of it. Sigh.