HybridZ

what kind of music do you listen to?

Guest ON3GO

wow' date=' one of the few other people I have heard of who knows senser. and sister machine gun, another great classic. the old studio they used to record in is about 3 blocks away from my apartment.

have you heard of Acumen Nation, or The Clay People. same style as alot of the stuff you listed, but real heavy.

.s[/quote']

Senser kicks @ss! When I make the very first video of my Z doing crazy stuff, I will have Senser's "States of Mind" playing, but I will of course edit out 1min. 45 seconds worth of that intro :roll: . Sister Machine Gun kicks @ss too! I've been listening to Chris Randall for a long time, but now he's into the electronica stuff (Positron Records), and personally, it's not the greatest. I wish Chris would go back to his Alternative/Industrial sound. I actually have one of the first runs of Micronaut signed by him. Chris and his wife are pretty cool, we used to chat back and forth over e-mail (years ago), before I even had internet (used Juno). I was down in Chitown with a budy of mine this past weekend at Virgin records and thought "hey wouldn't it be cool to try and find TVT records? Didn't have time though.

I have heard of The Clay People, but not Acumen Nation. I'll have to check'em out.

For me, music is very addictive, almost like a drug. Did anyone notice that I didn't list any country music? :D

!M!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigWhyteDude

for me its ACDC, Pink floyd, Steve miller band, Johnny cash, mirl harggert, charlie daniels band, John mellen camp, Toby Keith, Metallica, staind, The Eagles, The Who, Tom Petty and the heart breakers, Waylon Gennings, Alabama, Waren Zeavon, The stones, Queen, Led Zepplin, Jimmy Buffet, Hank Williams JR., Lynard Skynard, Jethro Tull, Guns and Roses, Eric Clapton, Bob Seager, ZZ-Top, Aerosmith, Alan Jackson, and Kenney Chesney. Well thats all i can think of right now but there are many more is the same genras (SP). I really dont listen to any of the music thats made these days. I dont really know why. :lol:

Guest polarity

I listen to alot of different stuff. The only 2 things I've bother to take out to my car are trance (gotta love it) and Ben Harper. Perfect for either mood. Trance for racing, ben for night driving.

Now to prove i am weird eh??? Violent Femmes, Frank Zappa, dead or alive, Rob Zombie, They Might BE Giants(especially Particle Man), Tool, Korn, Sir Mix A Lot, Sinead O'Connor, Prodigy, Ozzy, Offspring, House of Pain, Outkast, LIMP BIZKIT, Iron Maiden, Cypress Hill, Busta, Bush, Beck, Beastie Boys, 2 Live Crew, to name some off the top of my head. You are not a real freak unless you listen to Frank Z, Violent Femmes, or They Might Be Giants mannnnnnnnn..................

I like the KORN, Limp Bizkit, Staind, Godsmack, Kid Rock, Filter, Scorpions, Ian Moore, Jethro Tull,Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Willy Porter, Monte Montgomery, Heart, Eagles, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Yes, ZZ Top, Bob Seger, and lots of oldies, Blues and "good" jazz

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

well, first off, In my z there is no stereo and an exhaust you couldn't hear a 747 pass over, but If I was going to listen to music

while racing.....

pailhead - man should surrender

sepultura - chaos ad

early metallica

rush - bastille day

minor threat - I don't wanna hear it

while cruising:

fugazi

david gilmore - theres no way out of here is a great song

pink floyd

rush - anything esp. red barchetta :wink:

the soundtrack to repo man (esp reel ten by the plugz)

anything by allan parsons

Willie Nelson

Johnny Cash

Anything by War or the Commodores or Parliment

anything by Buffet, love that Buffet

Bob marley - all

The pouges

The clancy brothers/tommy makem

John Valby hehe

that about wraps it up for me

Bryan W

I personally like that Urbanskaterpunknewagecountrybluegrassrastahiphopspeedmetalcontemporaryclassicaljazzy blues kinda music... You know, the ussual! :D

Rush, Iron Maiden, 3 doors down, audio slave, P Floyd, Dave Brubeck, Savatage,Billy Cabham, Adres Vollenweider, Tekaro, Van Hallen, Live, lots of country, tons of blues, and Bob Marley. Once in a While a little Buffet.

I generally like music. Rap, I can't get into it... Guess I'm too old... Well there is Kid Rock, but he isn't really rap, right?

Mike

After too many years of head banging music I enjoy hearing Rush Limbaugh while I drive, if he's not on, well then the classical sounds of Mozart or others work well. Growing up in the 60's has it's down side..... I can't hear well enough to hear the words if someone is singing and it gives me a headache trying to listen to it, I blame it on guns and jet engines, but it's probably just from too much loud music :D I do remember being stage side when this unknow band called KISS opened for REO Speedwagon, it was loud and they were better :D

I enjoy hearing Rush Limbaugh

I love listening to Limbaugh! Gotta like his views on things. I usually listen to him or local news radio at work. :2thumbs:

I can't hear well enough to hear the words if someone is singing and it gives me a headache trying to listen to it

Hey, I hear ya (no pun intended) on the hearing loss. I have been working around power tools my whole life (I build houses) and never used hearing protection untill 3 years ago. As a result, high pitch noises get all garbled up. And if I'm in like a restaurant or a club? Foget about a normal conversation. I have to read lips and try to hear a few sylibols to understand somebody. It sucks. On the light side though, people really get a kick out of what words I think they said.

!M!

Guest subdermal

Wow more industrial fans on here than I would have expected... and Pailhead?!? I can count on one hand the people I know who've even heard of Pailhead. Cool.

Hmm driving fast music:

Bile, Rob Zombie, Ministry, Atari Teenage Riot, HPP, DJ Skinhead, Dissecting Table, some Download, Feindflug, Wumpscut, Converter, Imminent Starvation, Cubanate (Exultation of Speed may be the best driving song ever), Fear Factory (only the FLA remixes), Needle Sharing, Noisex, Front Line Assembly....

Mellower stuff:

VNV Nation, Covenant, Apoptygma Bezerk, Velvet Acid Christ, Hocico, Skinny Puppy, Winterkalte, Front 242, Funker Vogt.. hehe don't really lsiten to a lot of mellow stuf. Oh yeah and of course Tom Waits :)

Guest bastaad525

Industrial... Nine Inch Nails and older Manson... old school alt rock like Nirvana, Alice in Chains... all that Seattle stuff :) I never got out of the 90's....

I actually make my own music also... if you're at all a fan of Nine Inch Nails you should check it out... very much in the same alt rock/industrial vein, here is a link to a website I have most of my stuff posted on:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=14717&T=6642

The cool thing about that website is that people can leave reviews for your stuff there, written reviews and a 1-10 score... results get tallied every day and they have their ranking charts, one for every category and one overall... I've had three songs there hit the #1 spot, one of them held it for like a month too... which is good considering people are submitting new music to that site every day...

Anyways if you're a NIN fan check it out!!