HybridZ

LS1 ers Check out my new crackhead 2JZ-GTE project coming

cyrus

I hope you all remember my previous baby blue LS1 240z that ran 12.0 @ 119 mph on street tires with a open dif. I sold that and now I just purchased a wrecked 1994 tt six speed supra. I will pull the

engine

trans

dash

wiring

tank

lines

rear supension

wheels

Then I am going to dump the shell supra. I will use the supra IRS or the Viper IRS I have. I want to use the supra stuff because it is lighter. Now I just need a straight non rusty 240z car. Please send me any info you guys have.

Thanks,

Cyrus in Hayward, CA

Cyrus,

What is your budget for the car? I may have a line on an original 1972 (was bought by the current owner in 1973). Perfect body, interior and general condition. Dash is perfect, and no visible paint bubbling or rust behind front tires, or in front of rear tires.

Let me know.

Tim

Sounds very cool! :2thumbs: I can't believe you are probably going to finish two cars before I finish one! Hey, I'm curious, what made you go Supra before fine tuning your LS1? Won't you still run into the same smog issues as before? Traction has been the nemesis of the super high hp Supras. I would guess the Viper stuff would be a little better setup for launching, but it may take too much to fit it under the car. I'm sure you will work it all out.

As far as I'm concerned, you are a genius. You pulled off a difficult swap in almost no time at all. Good luck with this next one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got the supra running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dumping the car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6447&item=2436791282

What plans do you have for the engine? Its extremely easy to get 450 crank hp out of the 2jz-gte motor on stock turbos. Just get a boost controller, a good downpipe/exhaust, and a front mount IC and you'll be set. Then upgrade your fuel and put on an Sp63 or so turbo and get 700+ hp :D That has got to be one of the best engines made. It can survive over 1000hp on the stock bottom end. The rearend and trans(6sp) have been known to take over 1200 stock.. Amazing cars. I was going to buy one until I fell in love with the Z.

Phyte

• 2 months later...

I will hopefully get 425+hp out of the stock turbos. I have now bought:

a tanabe downpipe

massive extra thick griffin radiator,

a set of supra non turbo rims and tires

apexi avc-r boost controller

a greddy bcc boost cut controller

hks sequential blow off valve

I might make a custom cross member like on my blue ls1 240z (Amir...,Darius..., where are you? Send pics!)

or I may try to custom make forward mounts off of the 2jz-gte, this may be hard because I want to retain AC.

I am going to mount the supra rear IRS in the Z too.

Guest Your Car is Slow

How far off would it be to use the stock supra motor mounts? Ive never actually seen what they look like or what the measurements are.

The supra engine mounts are close side to side, but are about 6-8 inch to far back. The member blkmgc black magic on has some scans of a magazine Zoom. That I need to locate desperately. It shows 1jz-gte swap in a z which is pretty close. Does any body know of any 2jz-gte in a 240z swap?

• 10 months later...