HybridZ

Gran Turismo 4 Stuff...

JMortensen

I got this from the zhome.com list. Gran Turismo III is the only game I play now. I have to say that after seeing this video and the car list, I can't wait for GT4. Note the Z's on the car list and in the video, also the Suzuki Hyabusa formula car...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-24370.html

http://www.playstation.jp/ch/asx_tgs/pv_gt4.asx

Jon

Guest comeandzpa

Motor Trend ran a feature article on this game in the November issue. In one of the vid caps, there is a clear shot of a Fairlady 240Z. Looks good even in the magazine picture of the video game still frame. I will definately be buying this game ASAP. That was one hell of an extensive list of cars.

I have a gaming mag wherein they went to polyphony's (the game maker) headquarters in japan. they showed all the processes of making the game, from getting the dimensions of the cars to the sounds. they had quite an impressive parking lot as well. anyway, they showed pics of the real tracks next to pics of the tracks ingame and it was incredible. pretty life like game. they said they took some huge number of photos of every track to get info from. I cant wait, the car list is amazing. a few cars for anyone to be interested in. my friend will be in love with this game because of the volvos and mercedes they have on that list.

That's why I love the game Kid-Vid. I had been to Laguna Seca watching the races, but after playing GT2 and GT3, when a race comes on Speedvision, I know exactly where they are on the track. Same thing with F1 at Monaco.

My main beef is with the lack of tracks. I'd like to see a track list for the new one. I wish you could do a whole rally too, instead of looping around a small portion of one of the stages. That'd be a lot of programming...

Still, its one helluva game, and the new one looks WAY better.

Jon

Guest Iceickle

I just loaded up Sega GT 2002 on my Xbox searching for Z's...

To my suprise (i was shocked!) i found: (all under nissan :roll: )

240Z

240ZG :shock:

Z432R <-- What is this? Looks like a stock 240Z/260Z with ZG mirrors... More HP than them tho

300ZX

350Z

I never played this game much.... Now im defiantly buying myself a 240Z or ZG and playing! =D

the 432R is a Z owners wet dream. 4 valves (per cyl) 3 carbs, and 2 cams. an incredible machine. the r version also has a special racing suspension and most of the body is fiberglass IIRC. oh also an interesting tid bit they dident have spare tire wells, quite odd looking if you are used to a regular Z. and yes wait for HLS30 to post on this...he knows everything about this car.

Guest bluex_v1

I can't wait. :D

I used GT3 to set up a Griffith 500 to mimic what I think my z should be. Even set my diff and trans gear ratios to exactly what I will be using (estimating 24.5" tire diameter based on the indicated RPM in game).

I had to lighten the griffith a little excessively to get the 1/4 mile performance about where it should be based on some of those java calculators out there, so one or the other isn't perfectly accurate.

Anyone else try this? if so, what was your setup?