HybridZ

Top-End Performance comments on company

Nismo280zEd

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm only one problem... the only person i know of that speaks japanese is in idaho.

Email Yo2001. Of course he is in ALABAMA, and he does have sort of a southern asian twang. :lol:

I would just dispute the whole mess on your credit card. Box the thing up, send it back, and then dispute it, trust me your credit card will remove it.

I usually only deal with Steve out there, he seems to know his stuff, the other people, I don't know. they made me a pretty smoking deal on my spearco, and he answered me promptly via email.

Don't dispute it before you give him a chance to refund you! Obviously there is a problem with the parts. Ask him to call tag the parts, since he sent defective stuff he should pay to return it. If he doesn't want to call tag the shipment, consider sending it on your own dime, THEN consider disputing with the credit card.

I have seen people who dispute everything they don't want, rather than returning or even calling the merchant. You've got a lot of power to screw him with the dispute, at least give him a chance to make it right.

Oh, and there is a time limit on disputing charges. I think you have to dispute within 60 days or something like it. Check the back of your cc statement for the details.

I've worked in many a mail order business, and that's my take on it, FWIW.

Jon

I'm sending the parts back tomorrow if i get a chance. We will see what happens. I have yet to have one of my emails answered from anybody there.

Just angers me, the parts should have been checked before shipment and fitted before sold. I guess quality and respect is a lost art in businesses now days for the most part. Just sad actually.

Timing is the thing i'm most concerned with as now the car will be done waiting for the engine which is what i did NOT want to happen.

Beware...

TEP - Steve has been known to not except packages, only to be returned to you. Then you've got to send it out again. He won't respond to your emails. Trust me on that. That's the way he's treated several of people who has spent a lot of money over there.

Donna

ok... update again.

Called again today and got everything worked out..

Turns out the manifold will bolt up, just not using the OEM holes, of course... nobody bothered to tell me this the whole time i was having problems with the company. If you peel back the stock gasket there are 4 other holes you can use to bolt it up... Simple enough... could have mentioned this like 2 weeks ago when i first called them.

So everything looks like it's working out, they are sending a new gasket that will work with the new hole locations, new 8mm bolts to bolt it up with, and they are currently shaving the problem areas on the manifold so the carbs fit nicely. They also fixed the throttle rod, or atleast so i'm told.

I should be seeing the parts back at my house early next week.

-Ed

Called again today after wondering where my parts where since they were supposed to arrive yesterday. Said they shiped them monday standard UPS when it was supposed to be sent last week express!!! GRRR! when i asked why they shipped out monday they evidently had no prior knowledge to any other shipment method. Also they refuse to refund my shiping claiming they saw no problem that woudlnt allow me to bolt the kit together. I hope i never meet this guy.

-Ed

Lots of us have been stiffed/disrespected by Steve=TopEnd=puke. He will most likely do you the same.

I really do hope you the best on this deal. Good luck' date=' and hope everything turns out good for ya... :burnout:[/quote']

Man, I sure had a bad feeling for you that day. It looks like he's holding true to his real self.... lildevil.gif

yeah... but they still screwed me outta 43 bucks to ship it back to them

How did they screw you out of $43? That money went to the shipping company, Top End sure didn't get any of it. Are they charging you shipping to return the parts to you?

I bought my front and rear strut tower braces from them. Took about a month to finally get. Weren't in stock and had to make, then lost them in shipping. I had to call them all the time, never got called by them even though I repeatedly requested updates. Parts finally arrived the same day they finally called and said they thought they had found them - they hadn't. Good news is that they are well made and installation went smoothly.