HybridZ

Summit is freaking fast!

auxilary

The store in Reno is impressive. One store clerk told me the store was close to 20,000 square feet although I'm not sure that it's quite that big. The operation in back is even more impressive. I once asked my local FedEx guy if he had Summit orders to deliver each day and he responded that he usually has an average of five per day. One thing to look out for when shopping at the store is sales tax. If the order is over $100 or so it usually cheaper to order online and have the product shipped to you as the shipping and handling charge from Summit is only $8.45. I know it sounds cheap but what you save in shipping you can spend on the next part. :twisted:

Josh

That fuel cell has no foam' date=' so what keeps the fuel from sloshing? Baffles?

Jon[/quote']

What do you mean, it has no foam? I ordered the one specifically with foam, and the vertical gm sending unit. When I opened the box today, I pulled off the gas cap, and stuck my hand in there. There's a ton of foam in there, taking up about 2/3s of the cell, if not more. Here's the link to it:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2D290108

Guest greimann

Not to top your story, but I have ordered from McMaster Carr in the morning and had the items that same day, via UPS ground. :2thumbs: If only all suppliers can take customer service this seriously, life would be a dream.... sha-boom.

aux..

i was looking at that same cell! let me know what you think' date=' and how are you mounting it?[/quote']

Cell's pretty cool, but the plastic it's made of seems a little thin. I'm going to do what tim240z did, which is cut out the spare tire well, and build a box for the cell, and weld it into the hatch.

Sorry for the nub question. But on that fuel cell how do you fill it up. Are you going to have to pull up too the gas pump, open your hatchback, move the carpet, and pop lid and run the nozzle to it? Or is there some way to run a line to the side of your car. Also what, if any, are the weight savings going to be like. Also any other benefits. TIA

Sorry for the nub question. But on that fuel cell how do you fill it up. Are you going to have to pull up too the gas pump, open your hatchback, move the carpet, and pop lid and run the nozzle to it? Or is there some way to run a line to the side of your car. Also what, if any, are the weight savings going to be like. Also any other benefits. TIA

The cell itself weighs probably about 20lbs at most. The advantage is is it's a uniform box, 8AN fittings (1/2") for feed and return, and it's filled with anti-slosh foam, which works better than baffles. I can also decide where to position it, so I can move it towards the center of the car more, giving it better centralized weight distribution. It also comes with a small built in sump in the rear. My reasons for getting it is I'm going with a rotary, so fuel starvation would mean death. Plus it was cheap, $170

The cell is going to be vented to the atmosphere, and yes, to fill it up, I'll have to put the pump through the hatch, under the carpet.

Negative on Summit here. The 1 and only order I made with them was a set of $20 solid core plug wires - yes they advertised free shipping which was great, but they tacked on $15 handling charge to my CC which wasn't mentioned when I ordered. I call that dishonest. They will get no more of my business.