HybridZ

Another Japanese Silvia with a 240Z Nose

slownrusty

I wouldnt say that..... about the engines... I rather have a KA24DE with a turbo anyday over a SR20DET.

but i guess im crazy... but everybody will see soon enough ;) WITH MY NEXT PROJECT Z

1989-93- 240sx came in the us both coupe and hatchback

both came with flip up headlights

1989-93- 180sx is the hatchback version of what we call the 240sx, except it is sold in japan with only flip up headlights, and a turbo or na sr20 motor

1989-93- silvia is sold in japan employing the same drivetrain options as the 180sx. the silvia has the same body as the coupe 240sx in the us. although it comes with fixed lights instead of flip up lights.

in the early years of this body style there were also cars that came with ca18det motors

in order to turbo charge a ka24de or ka24e one must lower the compression and fabricate many other custom pieces

i like the idea but an sr20det is a very strong motor and it has become popular enough in the us so that one can go about getting parts for it

personally i think a 240sx hatch back has more characteristics of a z then the 300zx 90-96 every will

dont kill me for saying that lol

anyways just thought id give you guys a little body and motor history on the s13 chassis of the 240sx

that front spoiler is HOT!

nice photos, that one looks smoother than that red one to me.

im definitely hooking up a 240sx as a daily. best bang for the buck in a import rwd ive seen yet. lots of options for suspension and power. plus I want a sileighty conversion with rb power, and a chassis that will take 18x10 five lug wheels under the stock rear fenders!!!!

wow,

That is just beautiful, so much so that I MUST have more info on these cars. is this a new body conversion kit or all these just two custom jobs?

ive always been fond of the 240SX, I always thought it looks more like a first gen Z that the 280ZX/Z31/Z32.

RWD, coupe, hatchback. me want!

Has anyone here taken measurement's of how wide the S13-S15 body is vs the 1st Gen Z bodies? I'm sure if it's within a inch or two someone could fab this up and that would be a sweet ride. I would love to be able to angle the front fenders up a bit, like a viper's, and a low stance. *Drools*

Well I had a 240SX sitting in our yard for two + years and I can tell you that the 240SX has lines MUCH closer to the early Z than the 300ZX does... It is a much sexier car in my opinion and except for the whimpy motor, the rest of the car is VERY neat. Ours was an automatic and had issues with the motor... It would have made a nice hybridZ...

Then again, as John C. Mentioned in another thread... I have WAY to many cars as it is!

8)

Mike

• 11 months later...

Yea, I've seen a red car just like that one in option or carboy (one of my japanese mags). It said that they did the conversion because they thought that the 180 was more like the original Z than the bloated 300Z (don't get me wrong, I really like the late model 300).

The kit was made during the surge of popularity of "classic" cars a couple of years ago. Many ppl wanted to buy (or bought) older Zs and Skylines only to find out the astronomical costs of keeping them on the road. (stuff like that costs waaaay too much in Japan--actually, come to think of it, everything there is expensive. lol). This kit allows old-school styling w/o having to deal w/ carbs, lack of available parts, and most of all rust (big problem in Japan).

The dimentions are different enough that the only parts that are intertchangeable are the headlights.

And now for the anticipated pricing. . . a hair over 3k :ugg: .

Kenny

http://www.rbmotoring.com