HybridZ

control arms

Guest Lsb4life

I gave my machinist a control arm(stock datsun oem), and left it at that. He has designed many different suspensions for mini Mods, etc, so i know he knows what he's doing. The only issue I have with him is that he tends to over engineer (safety) things, and he is such a damned perfectionist. He has also done welding for the Government, so his welding is impecable.

This is the same guy who makes the R230 adapters, the TB adapter (240sx), and has made many other things for my car(s).

Here are some tasters. Keep in mind that these are not completed and are prototypes:

fa607f96.jpg

fa607f9f.jpg

fa607fa3.jpg

What you can see is the jig and the new outer section (the first prototype is still bolted to the arm). It will have delron offset bushings and camber adjustment at the outer.

Tim

Man-O-Man Tim there really is no expense spared for your car is there?! :D I really need to finish my 280ZX so that I can get a 240/260/280Z cause you guys have all these really nice upgrades that the ZX does not have! :cry: However my next project will be more like a 5+ year project not a 1 1/2 year project. I dont know what Im going to do once its done? :? I guess I will have to go Mustang hunting! :D

Guy

Jeff, it will make more sense when you see the completed units. The picture above, the loose piece next to the control arm is the final outer piece and will replece the one that is connected now. (found an easier and more efficient way to machine the piece). There will be 2 sets of adjustments. Toe (and some camber) on the offset bushings, and camber adjustment on the outer section. These units were made with safety/strength in mind as the primary design factor. (all calculations for moment of bending and stress points have been done)

I will post pictures of the final version early next week, and will post some pics after they are installed on my car. I will also be taking my car the the alignment shop, so I can report the ease of setup. I was an alignment tech (a very good one at that.....articles in trade mags etc blah blah blah), and the shop that I go to lets me do my own set up.....more to come.

Tim

Alignment tech huh? It must be nice to do alignments in Cali!!! I used to do a lot of them here in Buffalo when I was a Ford Tech. I liked doing them except that any car that was over 3 years old, and had never had one was a b!*#% because any adjustment point would be siezed. It amazed me that automakers don't take things like that into account when they mass produce their vehicles. It was common to get a 5 year old 4x4 that pulled to one side @ 4PM on a friday!!!! An alignment like that where everything was locked solid could take 3 hours. You might get paid for 1!!!

Flat rate s*cks!!!

Rufus

I will definately be interested in a pair when you have them available. I think you might be doing well for yourself (and others who want parts like these) by taking the initiative in producing them. Good Work!! :2thumbs: