HybridZ

200+ cd player?

Guest ON3GO

hey guys i was just looking threw all my cd's i have and i was thinking.. i would just to put all my 200+ cd's in once player and just jit random and see what pops up..

is there any like say 200+ cd players?

i no there a 10 disk etc player.. but is there any 200+ ones?

i think i would deff do this, im a big music buff and i need music while driving :)

so anybody?

thanks always

mike

You could get a 12 disc changer that will play MP3's, then burn all your CD's to MP3's with your computer. This may not fit all 200 but it will hold a lot of songs. If you only copy the songs you like and omit the one you don't care for it may hold enough. I have never seen a car cahnger that will hold more then 12 CD's.

There are home CD changers that will hold 200 discs but they would not have the antiskip feature needed for cars.

well i have a mp3 plater already on my cd player for my car... but the thing is i use ahead NERO on my computer to burn cd's and it doesnt do MP3's.. i do have MP3 cd's i burnt when i was in germany and man o man theres like over 200 songs on them.. its great.

i was just wondering if there was a fairly large cd changer out there..

mike

I just thought of something. I used to have about 300 CD's.....until some ignorant crack addict decided he would smash my window and TAKE THEM ALL!!! I would not keep that many CD's in my car mike. Take it from somebody who has lost a bunch.I am telling you, MP3's s^ck as far as sound quality goes but...they are easier to replace.

I just remembered how bitter I was about that! Sorry for the vent. I have not bought a CD in 4 years because of that very reason.

Rufus

well if i knew how to copy all my cd's i have on other cdrw's and make them all MP3's then i would be set.. as my cd player is a mp3 player.. i wouldnt mind it at all, cuz i can then leave all my real cd's in my apartment to listen to.

any thoughts?

mike

I hope that you are talking about a 200 cd changer for your house. No such thing for the Z yet. I have had a 200 disk cd changer that sony makes for the past few years. Maybe 4 years. It is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!! You can have blocks of 25 that you can play at ramndon or play the whole bunch at random or program what you want to hear. It is the best thing if you get sick of one cd at a time or 5 at a time. I would recomend it to anyone. They are like 200 bucks or less. Well worth it. And you don't have to convert all your cd's to mp3 files. Way easy. Just put the booklets in a book that they give you with numbers on the pages and you have your own juke box. It was the wisest purchase for listening to music I ever did. No more cases lying around.

i put every cd i own into my hard drive. that way, i can make any mix i want whenever, or just copy whole cd's. you won't have a radio station in your car like a good mp3 or big changer could give you, but at least you won't care about getting ripped off. like you said, all your originals stay home.

yeah.. what program do you use?

i wanna put all my cds and convert them to mp3's... and then on a few cds.

would i have to compress the files?

if so how would i?

im new to all this lol..

mike

all you have to do is put the cd in the drive, you get the option of what to do with it. click save to computer....... and there it is. windows media player takes care of it. it stores them as windows media files which there are newer players coming out that'll play them. but to burn it to a cd all i use is good old ahead nero, really simple to use which is good since i'm a computer moron. :bonk: go to any big office store or even wal-mart and you can usually find like 100 blank cd's for 30 bucks or so.

pioneer used to make a 50 or 100 disc automotive changer that you could wire in a series until you get eh desired amount of CDs.

anywho...they were not cheap, and very bulky. best bet is to get a 6 or 12 disc changer that can handle MP3s the sound quality might suck, but with our loud as shlt cars...nobody will notice :D

Sparky is right, Pioneer CD changers can be set up in series, but there goes your luggage space! Plus they are heavy, finicky, gots to keep them clean and out of the way or they start having problems. Like the disks fall between the disk pallets, not cool. I would say get a deck that has the changer in IT and will play your MP3's. I think alpine has a 3 disk in deck changer. Others may as well.