HybridZ

Opinions on 240zt vs Eclipes GSX

240zprace

my car....

t3/t4' date=' intercooled,18psi boost

his car....

early GSX, 20G turbo, huge intercooler, 20-23psi boost

i was wondering if my z can keep up with it, lose, or beat it.

your info would greatly be appreciated. need expert opinions.[/quote']

He's going to kill you off the line(AWD). That 20g is probably the best street turbo for a DSM. DSMs can be made scary fast with upgrades like he has. Let us know how it turns out, and get it on video if you can!

Phyte

were're racing for pink slips or money. SS510 wants me to run the gsx (his buddy) to see how my car will do up againts it. SS510 said he would pull me off the line, but i might be able to beat him at the top end. i'm

also running BFG drag radials. please more feedback...

Experiance is the key... this sounds like a very close race and that means "luck" will be on the side of experiance.

I have raced several DSM's (all wheel drive with 24-26 psi boost) and I can tell you that I beat most of them purely on experiance, but when a good driver gets behind the wheel :shock: I see tail lights :( .

Dragonfly

i really don't know my 1/4 times, but my buddy SS510 (3.0 liter L28et motor w/ supra turbo) runs 12.6 without nos. we did a roll on, downshift to

4th floored it, and i pulled about two cars lenght away. he told me my car should be a very low 12 second car. the guy i bought my whole motor said my setup at 18-20psi, should put me in the high 11's. i really don't know cause i never timed it yet......

i really don't know my 1/4 times' date=' but my buddy SS510 (3.0 liter L28et motor w/ supra turbo) runs 12.6 without nos. we did a roll on, downshift to

4th floored it, and i pulled about two cars lenght away. he told me my car should be a very low 12 second car. the guy i bought my whole motor said my setup at 18-20psi, should put me in the high 11's. i really don't know cause i never timed it yet......[/quote']

Everything you said means nothing if you cannot launch that Z car quick off the line. You bobble or spin and that AWD is gone (if he knows how to launch it) and the difference on paper is not enough for you to play catch up.

i dunno.. my buddies 1st gen TSI awd (same as GSX) with a 20G and a damn big fmic and all the mods to support the turbo and etc, running around the same boost runs mid to low 11's on crappy tires all day and everyday.

better get some better tires on that Z then maybe you can get it, but i dunno.. those things are just silly fast..

best of luck.

if you do race video tape it and post it :)

mike

just race him for dinner or drinks or something, pink slips is so dumb and money makes people bitter. I have not seen a pink slip race yet where the loser didnt just keep on going and run away, or argue until the winner didnt want to deal with it anymore.

btw: a gsx with semi bald tires and a nice launch is an easy 1.7 60footer

best thing you can do is hook hard on him so he doesnt get away from you too far out the gate, or it is over...unless you have enough to take it out the back door, and judging just by setup alone, I cant see that happening.

If you dont hook, youll lose...

Guest Z-rific

I have a 95 Talon TSi AWD. (Same as GSX) It's my daily driver. Bought it new.

I can tell you, it's way easy to launch in these cars. All wheel drive with computer aided traction makes for break neck launches.

Now, mine is bone stock, but I imagine with some sticky 225's or larger, it would still be easy to launch with little or no wheel spin with the added hp. He wont start building the big HP til he's launched and on his way.

Be safe.