HybridZ

Roll Cage is finally welded up!!

That's great news Rick I can't wait to see the pics. It is truly going to be an awesome ride.

I hired a local fabricator that is working on mine here at the house. We've got the inner fenders sectioned and in place, the front frame rails are done, the roll bar is in and the sub frame connectors are done. Upon a thorough inspection we have decided to replace the floors so that is the next step and the car will be done. Your custom upper core support looks great on the car and I got a Griffin 24"x19" the other day so that we can go ahead and fabricate the mounting brackets. It looks so clean with the stock core support gone that I just wanted to thank you for the idea.

No problem Jeff. I'm glad to hear you're working on your car also. Don't forget to put in some baffles on either side to force the air thru the radiator. I did't do this on mine because it was't going to stay that way. Just take some cardboard and mock some up and then cut them out of some sheet aluminum. I should have quite a few scraps from making all my floor & interior trim, so I'll send you some down. As soon as I can access the shop where my car is I'll post pics. Rick

Ok recent pics are posted on my picture trail link also. It is coming along real nice. We are taking a break for this week due to the holiday, but will pick up after that. It's starting to look like a car again. I'll be hanging the fenders, and hood soon for mounting points. All the front sheetmetal will be using quick release pins & fastners. Then comes the body work to flare the car out for the wider tires. The engine it done at the machine shop and I'll be picking it up next week. I should have it on the road early to mid 2004. I'm still trying for the next Hybrid Z event in march.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2593album_pic.php?pic_id=2590

album_pic.php?pic_id=2586

album_pic.php?pic_id=2589

album_pic.php?pic_id=2587

album_pic.php?pic_id=2585

Rick,

That is one impressive frame and cage. :shock: It looks like it could handle any horsepower and torque you throw at it. I thought I took my Z down to the bare body, but you went far beyond anything I ever imagined. Your Z makes my backhalved one look like it is held together with rusty wire. Hope you race in Nevada next year so I can see your creation up close. GREAT JOB!!

Hanns

Thanks Terry! We have the door bars done and are working on the front shock mounts & dash bar next week. Then it's tin work time. I'll get to use all those metal working tools I've been buying this year. I recieved a new digital camera from my wife for Xmas so I can post new pics alot faster. It' good to have a wife who is into my hobbies!! Rick

• 8 months later...

We had a big move and lots of stuff got lost or deleted, most old pix won't show up anymore.

You'll have to ask the original poster.

Owen

PS - Good to see people going back to old posts rather than starting new ones. I noticed you did this in a couple of other posts. Thanks!