HybridZ

man i got into a word fight with a vette owner!

Guest ON3GO

I certainly did mean Z31' date=' and I am not knocking them either, I simply prefer either earlier model for esthetic purposes and their engines.

If I could fit in a Z32, I'd be doing an LT1/LS! conversion on one of those for everyday driving/road trips!!!!

I hope no-one feels like I was stomping on their toes...[/quote']

did you drive a Z32 without the powerseats?

i owned a Z32 and my friend did too.

he was 6'3" and with the seat back all the way and the seat down all the way (it was power) he fit great, and had room to spare.

he drove one without a drivers powerseat and couldnt fit cuz his head was to high.

mike

So, which car is the 'Real' GTO?

I understand both sides of this argument, but the fact is that car companies lack the marketing skills to make some new letter popular, so they just fall back on the old worn out letters that have already been promoted. Or something. Hey, they do the same thing to cars. Compare a 70's Nova with the POS created in the 80's with the same name. Or the Malibu with a modern Malibu, and you'll wonder how they could ever use that name on a completely different car.

But, if the cheVette guy's want to call their car's Z's well, that's up to them. I think the name is a little dated anyway. People give me funny looks when I say 'Datsun' anymore, and no one seems to know what a 'Z car' is. Check the archives for stories about how someone mistook so-and-so's Z for a ferrari/porshe/lotus/corvette/etc. It's all a matter of who you're talking to and what their background is.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but all I can say is if someone calling a Z06 or a Z28 a "Z" is offending you, you must spend your whole life being offended.

This thread reminds me of NOW arguing that they should be called "personhole covers". I guess some people are offended by manhole cover :? You're all starting to sound like a bunch of womyn... :D:wink:

Jon

Mountains out of molehills :D

Exactly. When trying to explain the importance of tolerance to someone we should avoid becoming intolerant ourselves. He thinks a lot of the people on this site and we can help him to see things from a different angle.

Don't sweat it dude, let Vette guys call 'em Zs if they want, or 240Zs if they prefer. Truth is most hybrid Z's will kick their a$$es anyways. :cheers: