HybridZ

photoshop help

Bob_H

Ok, I know there was a great thread recently that had a link to a site that re-did cars, and had a tutorial. I can't find it and would appreciate any help. I tried photoshop, adobe photoshop, and tutorial in the search page to no avail.

Anyways, I am trying a few different colors on my Z to see what to paint it. Currently my choice is the brand new orange available through chevy for their 2004 avalance. (see their site for colors).

The color of this mclaren is very close to the pictures below-

Here is a link with the pictures for more hi-res shots:

http://www.highresautoimages.com/mclaren/f1.html

And a driveway shot:

http://forums.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/customimageview/49157/

And the image:

fd0fd7b0.jpg

Let me see if I can get a shot of my car here:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2803

More shots are in the hybridz gallery - the other side rear and a front shot.

What I am trying to do is put the McLaren color on my Z to see what it will look like.

And to answer the questions ahead of time - Yes, I bought the car recently - yes it was the one at SEZ event - Yes it was fast as hell before I blew the motor,(20 psi compression on the front cylinder when it was dyno'd and when I bought it) My RB26 is going into it after I get back from deployment. So I took my few months away as a perfect opportunity to fix some minor problems on the car and get it painted a color I wanted.

My choices were pretty much narrowed down to a few silvers that had blue tints in them. A 2001 Nissan Sentra Spec-V color called I believe Silver Mist - the new 2003 EVO VIII silver color, and possibly the BMW M5 color silverstone - but that was really too much blue for me.

Then I saw the McLaren, and the Chevy commercial with the new avalanche,(has the guy singing the "I feel like woman" song) which had the same color. I am seriously leaning towards this as I love the copper color. I just want to see it on my Z first.

I am a photoshop newbie and have never tried to swap colors. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Bob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your new car looks SWEET Bob, I would like to see it in person some time.

My car is a bronzie/brown color (not quite the same as the Mclaren) and I never have really cared for it.

Although, years ago when the car was clean and in the "right light" it looked nice.

All the photos of the car always looked better than the car in person.

Look forward to seeing your color change.

bob.... welocome to jackstand racing! :twisted:

your car is phenomenal. i drooled over that for untold amounts of time when in was in the sale forum. i'm actually considering a relatively similar color for mine... the copper pearl from one of the projects on trucks tv. personally i love the color it is now... but who buys cars to leave them how they got them? :roll: not anybody here!....bob

well that was the 2nd color i was gonna go with if i changed my color.

2nd was bayside blue which what would look killer on ur Z.

also Bob you using that exhaust? if not wanna sell it to me?

mike

i think its the full race kit.. not sure if it was sold, could very well be custom... Bob would know. But everything else on that car is custom so why not the kit right :D.

that kit isnt sold by MSA.. that i no.

i think its a copy of the old race car.

mike