HybridZ

rare rare wheels for a Z.

Guest ON3GO

Guest jjohart

Ahem, I don't agree, I think those red tiled fan blades are unique, maybe needing a mirror finish, but absolutely unique. I noticed you didn't qualify your tastes with actual knowledge about these wheels, like manufacturer, sizing, what cars they fit on OEM, or were they aftermarket?

For every ass there's a seat...put your wheels where your arse is, sit down and roll outa here! :roll::lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem' date=' I don't agree, I think those red tiled fan blades are unique, maybe needing a mirror finish, but absolutely unique. ...blah blah blah...

For every ass there's a seat...put your wheels where your arse is, sit down and roll outa here! :roll::lol:[/quote']

I had no idea that I couldn't have an opinion about something just because I don't know who made the product or how popular they might be somewhere else. The FanBlades are uique, but, gross IMO. And I was half joking, if you like them, gettem, but I will make fun of you :) But you don't need my aproval right?

I am all about having your car how YOU want it, just don't tell me I can't have an opinon about your selection of goodies.

Oh, J, if you DO have those stickers on your car, by all means, remove them.... :)

EDIT : Looky here, I was just jokin, please don't take offence if this is your car, funny non-the-less....(Almost bottom left corner of pics)http://www.zparts.com/events/wcn2003/display1/index.html

Guest brianglawson

Here you go, and all of these are available brand new..hahahaha

wheel01.jpg

THE SSR MK-1

wheel01.jpg

THE SSR MK-2

wheel01.jpg

THE SSR MK-3

wheel01.jpg

THE SSR FL-2

wheel01.jpg

THE SSR FORMULA MESH

wheel04.jpg

THE SSR FULL REVERSE MESH

wheel05.jpg

THE SSR REVERSE MESH

I really like the FL-2's but that is SSR's line up of old skool wheels that are still available new..

~Brian~

ill keep updating this thread with each new info i get on some oldschool wheels.

so far im gonna get those SSR mesh wheels but they look lik the enkei 92's so i dunno if i want to.

hmm

mike

Guest jjohart

Oh oh, now I'm going to get chewed out for Internet intellectual property theft....thanks, though, now I can tell em' "he told me where to get it!"Let's face it, these wheels are works of underappreciated art IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN!!

Yes, I admit it, and I'll pay duty/tax/levy to get my hands on most of those SSR's...it might improve the Japanese economy if all Z owners were made to buy a set!!! ACHTUNG!

Well, there's always a billet custom wheel in my Z's size for $400 each!

John-83 280ZXT 8)

im wirh ya man.. im in love also.

stick with oldschool.. everytime i get info ill let you know.

trying to get some oldschool japan only wheels shipped over here.

im glad i have others that love them also.

mike

man, you just aren't ever happy, now your gonna spend ridiculous money to put rare wheels on your daily driver.. haha. sounds like me, i havnt even finished the z yet and im already planning another car thats gonna cost me 20k to build... i need to just get a truck and shut up, anyways, let us know what you get, its gonna be hard to top those ccw's you got though...

Guest jjohart

Speaking for myself, if not 3togo, there is something pitiful about lusting after unavailable Japanese automotive objects.

I knew I'd get this way in mid-life, chasing wheels instead of women..

kinda like Bill Murray in the movie 'Lost in Translation', where he's feigning enthusiasm for something he really doesn't give a flying PUCK about, but to a foreigner's viewpoint (in that case the Japanese instead of us, but in my case with wheels instead of a Japanese cultural existence), it becomes almost laughable simply to pretend to be associated with a product which is really UTTERLY foreign, never interpreted the same way in our country (US).

I may have skipped the scotch and had too much ice beer tonight, but really, if I DID ACTUALLY ATTAIN a pair of "cherry blossom" wheels in the USA, wouldn't I be rather like that tired Murray actor doing a false one upmanship act....what did he say in 12 takes.."it sets the mood!"

Cheers-then again, there's simply staying with stock wheels (i.e familiar OEM US 15" editions)!

John

Speaking for myself' date=' if not 3togo, there is something pitiful about lusting after unavailable Japanese automotive objects.

kinda like Bill Murray in the movie 'Lost in Translation', where he's feigning enthusiasm for something he really doesn't give a flying PUCK about, but to a foreigner's viewpoint (in that case the Japanese instead of us, but in my case with wheels instead of a Japanese cultural existence), it becomes almost laughable simply to pretend to be associated with a product which is really UTTERLY foreign, never interpreted the same way in our country (US).

I may have skipped the scotch and had too much ice beer tonight, but really, if I DID ACTUALLY ATTAIN a pair of "cherry blossom" wheels in the USA, wouldn't I be rather like that tired Murray actor doing a false one upmanship act....what did he say in 12 takes.."it sets the mood!"

Cheers-then again, there's simply staying with stock wheels (i.e familiar OEM US 15" editions)!

John[/quote']

I think your drunk dude.. :roll::D:wink:

mike

Speaking for myself' date=' if not 3togo, there is something pitiful about lusting after unavailable Japanese automotive objects.

John[/quote']

Brilliant movie.

I actually agree partially.

Also smells to me that this thread is all about jumping on the bandwagon.

If I hear the word 'oldschool' or 'jdm' one more time .....GAaAA

Anyhow, your money.. your happiness! do as you please.:)

*forgot the smiley.

well thats why i said above that i hate to say it but how else would i describe the oldschool Japan look.

oldschool can be used no matter what as an Z really is oldschool.

people are calling Z32's now oldschool.... no clue why what so ever.

but no im not jumping on the bandwagon.. i just HATE having a Z like everybody else. not that its really a bad thing as the Z's on this site are just badass and i wish my Z were more like theres.

mike

Guest jjohart

Sorry about the Steely Dan ripoff title. I guess I'm feeling a bit too "Caucasian" to try and understand what the Japanese Z designers (the car and the various aftermaker wheels from the 70's/80's Nippon design schools) think of us Americans trying to bastardize our tooled up Z's with wheels from an earlier era in NP!

In my part of New England, what is unique is how few 280Z's I see on the road. Though that makes me an "old schooler" in general, I still have a conflictual need to put "modern" touches on my car, like xenon aux lights, heated seats (it would be SO nice this time of year!!), ETC. I guess that would make me sort of a "ricer", because I've probably already devalued the car's' "classic" potential by putting an I/C and other stuff=kills resale value, but I've already spent 10grand more than I paid for the car! My gut suspicion is if a bunch of Japanese Z experts like the original designers (wasn't that "MR.K"?) saw my car, they'd disqualify it for being disrespectful to their original intent (oh well=so what?)..I dunno!

There seem to be a lot of labels for stuff from Japan that I find obnoxious too. In terms of my Z, I was quite disturbed to find that some people refer to the turbo 83 wheels on my Z as "swastika wheels". Indeed, I have anonymously sent non-threatening e mails to sellers using that descriptor, asking them to refer to them as the manufacturer intended. I know, I may sound 1984 Orwellian, but I find the simple use of that Nazi associated term to be very threatening..even though I am aware of a small town in Canada called Swastika, as well as the fact that some people call these wheels "Maltese Cross" (no, I don't have any feelings about the Spanish revolution, etc=not as threatened by that "nickname")....the point is (and yes, I know I have trouble HAVING ONE!!) what is really irksome is how some people can rename things according to their taste...like the old thread about calling wheels "rims", etc. Personally, I think calling wheels that is a real rim job!!! So, I am stuck up AGAINST certain (Z) labels, but hopefully I am on the """"right"""" side, but then I'm feeling a bit dictatorial on semantics like this! I'd like to forget that there were world war two planes called "Z fighters" that I believe kamakasis (SP?) used to dive bomb our ships...I'd like to forget that Chevrolet used and uses SS as "super sport" when the Nazis used that for storm troopers, and the Beretta for the Italian gun...yes, I think I'm moving out on a weak limb now!

Back to the cars: I was wondering if anyone has momentarily wondered what a Z might look like if some fool in this country jacked up the suspension, put on 4wd and got some 24" billet wheels on it. I just passed a Ford 150 "Harley Davidson", and I got nostalgic for the old bikes within the new truck, so why wouldn't it be a good hybridZ garage mechanic's daydream to make a full size Nissan Titan with "Z edition" wheels, curves, power!!-I don't have the skill though! It wouldn't be so bad if Nissan decided to market or promote folks like us who find more power in new versions of the old scene...or is it old versions of the new scene (performance? appreciative value? I hear El Caminos, Pacer/Gremlins, Chrysler "rich corinthian" Cordobas and the last of the 70's Eldorado converts are worth over 12 grand easily...all it would take is a little more Z anachronism in hybridizing (old Z with SUV wheels?), so that the "do it now" generation gets picking up on it?!! :lol: