HybridZ

rare rare wheels for a Z.

Guest ON3GO

well ive been all over the net, did searchs here, there, everywhere.

found a few things, not much at all.

im looking for rare rare style wheels for a Z. like ones you wont see everywhere at all, classic JDM looking. Small sizes okay. like 14-16 inch wheels is what im looking for, and a nice size lip. want to run ZG flares with these wheels also.

anybody have any pictures of some rare cool looking wheels on a Z? and have any idea where i can look and find some.

im building another project :) so this time i want to do something thats more like me... oldschool.

thanks guys!

mike

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these pics were taken from HS30-H from his gallery at classic zcar.. hope he doesnt mind me using them.

im looking for wheels like these and other rare old looking styles.

DELETED PICTURE, WASNT OK FOR ME TO POST THEM

DELETED PICTURE, WASNT OK FOR ME TO POST THEM

the wheels in the background... NOT the mesh ones.

im sure there are other pictures of Z cars with oldschool wheels on them but im not having any luck.

what wheels are those in these pics and also anybody have any info and pics of others?

mike

The wheels you are asking about were called SPEED STARS.

And yes, I DO mind you using my photos without asking first. They are covered under the copyright of classiczcars.com - which you seem to be ignoring.

What was most ironic was when you started posting MY photos in YOUR gallery at classiczcars.com - without seeming to realise that they were already FROM my gallery there...

If you had taken the time and trouble to ask me, I could have e-mailed some pics to you which you could do what you like with. But that would probably not be fast enough for the I WANT IT NOW generation, would it?

I don't mind anybody downloading the images for their personal reference, but when people start posting them on other sites as their own it gets irritating.

Why don't you just use links?

well im sorry.. i didnt use links because its easier for everybody to just see the pics right away.

and like i said at classiczcar.. i found those other pics some place and didnt relize they were yours.

ill delete those photos from my gallery and also ill delete the pics in this thread.

im sorry i used 2 of your pictures in my gallery WHICH i didnt find and download from ur gallery.

i hate to say this because im a nice person and i hate to start Sh!t on the net with nice and cool people but whats the big deal!!!! i didnt ever say they were mine, nor did i say i took the pics and etc.. i stated your name when i posted them.

i was just trying to be nice about it.

anyways to others that want to use MY z pictures, go ahead i dont mind... its a shitty Z anyways.

and the sad thing is i have PM'ed you about asking for help as i was saying you know more then most about the kind of help i was looking for.

I guess ill find help else where.

ive deleted YOUR pics in my Zcar gallery and in this thread.

mike

again im sorry

Im not sure if any of these are what your looking for but well here you go and these are from my gallery at classicZcar.com.

1098ZXbodykit1-med.jpg

1098akio_s30z.jpg

1098junji_gc1101.jpg

1098whitefair2.jpg

well I thought I had more but eh heres a couple probably nothing your looking for though.

: ok dropped : Im still offended though

"Do it now generation" :lol: I'd like to know what generation you came from.

Man that blue 240 is absolutly gorgeous, love the wheels and the color. Im really loving the mettalic blue with gunmetal rims. I think I may go that route with my car when I get it painted.

-Austin

well i wont say he is a a$$hole.. i dont think he is.. ive spoke to him a few times and he has helped me out before.

anyways lets just drop that whole thing with him,

yes that Blue Z is drop dead beautiful.

i would love watanabe's but everybody has them (in japan atleast) and i just want something WAY different and oldschool look.

mike

another project.

bare basic Z. nothing fancy, just oldschool, easy, and simple.

im hoping to get this one job im going for that pays pretty good and if all goes well i can afford to have my Green Z done this year and start buying parts for this other project.

i gotta have atleast one Z on jackstands at all times :)

mike

gotta represent the jackstands.... 8)

i like those 4-spokes. gotta go really low-key with the car to pull that off... but i guess since you have the green one you can :twisted: . i'm thinking about my next project too.... i hope i live that long :cuss:

well i already found a local Z for 200 bucks.

no rust, just has no hood, no front fenders (gonna use the green ones i have on my Z now sense im trying to get carbon fiber ones made) and no hatch.

interior is messed up and needs a few other parts here and there.

styling is a big part on this one.

i only want like a carb'ed L28 in this one or maybe a oldschool turbo kit for a L28.

max like 200hp out of it... nothing big at all.

15in wheels, small brakes that fit, ZG flares, G-nose maybe, and low as hell.

i plan on maken most of my parts for this car, a true hybrid.. i wanna see what parts from other factory cars i can use with just a tad of work.

i should just keep my ZG flares i have now for my Z but i already said ill sell them, plus i need money for those Carbon fiber ZG's im getting.

mike

Mike ( ON3GO ),

You didn't need to delete the photos from this thread, and you seem to have gone way past the point where I can convince you of my intentions - but here goes anyway:

Please try to understand my point of view on this subject: Recently I've been noticing more and more instances of my photos turning up on the web with the "classiczcars.com" logo washed or photoshopped off of them. Now I realise that trying to stop this altogether is going to be just about as effective as making a chocolate teapot, but I feel the need make the point - even if it gets totally ignored. When I post photos into my Gallery, I have always tried to make sure that they are photos that I have taken myself ( ie - standing in front of the subject with my camera and actually taking the photo ). If I use anyone else's material I will always seek their permission first, and tell them what it's going to be used for. In fact, I think 99.9% of the photos I use are those that I have taken myself.

Many of these photos are from events in Japan, such as the NISMO Festivals, small shows, NIssan promotional events, club meets and friends cars. As far as I can tell, not all that many non-Japanese Z enthusiasts get the chance to visit these events - so the photos that I take, and indeed the photos that others like me take, are a glimpse into a scene that I am lucky enough to be able to see first-hand. It's my intention - when I post the photos in my Gallery - to give others the chance to see what I have been lucky enough to see first-hand. When I post the images in my Gallery, its intended as an act of sharing in a common interest.

When I upload the photos to my Gallery, it usually means that I know WHERE the photo was taken ( ie - at what event ) and I have a pretty good idea WHAT I was photographing. This means that I can at least attempt to answer questions about them, and try to help anybody who has any questions or queries about what is in the pics. I always try to make every possible attempt to answer the questions that I receive about them. Some people have asked me to e-mail higher-resolution copies to them - and I will usually try to oblige.

Personally, I find it frustrating that the web is such a free-for-all. It means that stuff gets moved around and appropriated, and its sometimes hard to know the true origin of what you are viewing. In the case of my photos, I find it a pity that they might sink into the ether and just get mixed up with all the other photos out there. It means that people who want to know where they were taken, and what they depict, have very little chance of finding out the truth.

Mike, when you posted two of my photos into your own Gallery at classiczcars.com ( innocently, and without knowing where they came from ) I thought it was a perfect example of what tends to happen. You had downloaded those images from a website, and the person who put those images on their site had actually taken the time and trouble to delete or somehow 'wash' off the classiczcars.com logo from each of my pictures. To me, that is both a bit of a cheek ( it smacks of dishonesty too ) and a bit of a shame. The person who did this is really just making it MORE difficult for people to see the rest of the images, and the context / story behind them. I think that's sad. From my viewpoint, the person that deleted the classiczcars.com logo from those photos was cheating you out of knowing where they came from, and where you could find more.

I come from a working background that makes me take copyright very seriously. Everybody has their own opinions on how seriously copyright on websites should be taken, but I have my own policy and I try my best to stick by it. If the web turns into too much of a free-for-all ( its probably well past too late already ) then it seems clear that we won't get any good new books, magazines or videos on the subject that we are interested in. It just won't be economically viable to produce something if its going to be pirated and re-distributed over the net within five minutes of its release. That's my personal take on it. I know I'm certainly in the minority, so I'm under no illusions on that score.

As I think you know Mike, I do actually try my very best to help people like yourself in any way that I can. However, I cannot give you an instant response every time ( I have a job and a private life too! ) and in that case you need to be a little patient with me. You sent your latest PM to me over the weekend, and I need time to make a proper response to the many questions you asked. I certainly don't want to give you any misleading information, and the particular area that you now seem to be getting interested in is one that I have been learning about for many years ( yeah, STILL learning :wink: ). I can tell you that you might not find all that you want to know on the net. Certainly not in the English language anyway. Be mindful that your latest project has a very Japanese mid-Seventies kind of theme ( as if you need reminding ) and that therefore you will need to start immersing yourself in the 'feeling' for that period and that place.

Certainly as far as Japanese aftermarket wheels are concerned, you can learn a real lot from contemporary Japanese magazines. Mid-Seventies to mid-Eighties Japanese car magazines ( especially when they started to use more and more full-page full-colour advertising ) are a good source for pictures and data. "Car Graphic" magazine in particular has some really great full-page ads for obscure and not so obscure wheel brands and designs. If you start hunting down these mags ( one of the benefits of the web ) then you can build up a good idea of what was available at the time and the correct names and makers. That will surely help you to hunt down the 'real thing' in due course. I think you need to get closer to the 'source' in order to make your own interpretation of it, and to avoid getting confused or misled by the interpretations of other people. Its hard to give a formula for what's cool. Anyway, I recommend that you take your time and try to research through 'period' material just as much as through contemporary stuff.

I don't expect everybody to agree with my philosophy about copyright and the web, but I hope I've at least gone a little way towards explaining the reasoning behind my beliefs.

Alan T.

thank you guys for your help.

Alan.. thank you for your reply. I understand what you mean and will leave it at that. As i stated I deleted your pictures in my Zcar gallery just so i wont take away any info that you could give to other people seeking it. Im not trying to be rude and i do mean i understand what you mean. Thank you for your help and time. Also thank you for saying nice things about my car.

Anybody have any other wheel pics?

Mike