HybridZ

Progress Pics

240hoke

Wow the engine keeps looking better and better. I was wondering what you are using to cap over the distributer. I am using the SDS with digital ignition as well, and am trying to figure out what to do. I really don't want to gut out the distrbuter and just leave it there. Could you take a closer pic of that area.?

I'm running a Tec2 unit, but I just used a brass freeze plug with a little sealant on the edge. I can't remember what size it is, but it's a common size, and it looks clean

Thanks for the comments guys,

Im almost finished, Im really digging the black powder and cermaic pipes i cant wait to get it out in the sunlight and get some pics. Installed a Walboro pump per Slownrusty's post and also a Fram fuel filter. Pretty much just have to pick up some fuel line and im ready to go. Gonna try and get it running tomarrow afternoon, I'll get some finished pics up then.

S30Z - I had the downpipe made at a local exhaust shop. I had to take them the mandrel bent stainless and they welded it up for me ( (2) 2.5" 45* mandrels). they did a good job with it, If you go this route though make sure they understand what you want them to do, you may want to be there when they are doing it. Thats what i did.

PETEW - I mde the distributer cap out of a small sheet of aluminum i got from the hardware store. Its about 1/16" i just traced the gasket and cut it out. havent had any problems or leaks out of it. Ill shoot you a photo tomarrow.

My dad got me interested in cars as when I was younger he was always fixing them up. I always liked the 240z, and when I turned 15 me and my dad got this car. I havent stopped tinkering with it since. As far as the mechanical knowledge i have learned so far Ive spent countless hours on this site reading up on differnt things and also on zcar.com. Read alot too: to how to rebuilt your datsun nissan OHC engine and Maximun boost are good stuff. I like this site alot becasue its so informative and not full of lots of little maintanence issues. With the first go around on the turbo motor, I knew absolutly nothing about motors and just kinda dove in lol, same with the suspension. ScottieGNZ's Turbo car was a big influence on my first project. I like working with cars so much I am planning on doing somthing related in college, my plan now is to major in mechanical engineering. But enough rambling lol...

For the engine managment Im running SDS EM4-6F. Kudos to SDS to being easy to get in touch with and always willing to help out. Main problem I have had is not being able to rev the car over 5k, a problem which has been there since day one. Hopefully it will be fixed this go around....

Anyway, Hopefully it'll be alive tomarrow. :twisted:

-Austin

Alright guys got it started up on thurday. Started right up and idled! Anyhow Im just being easy on it now. Breaking it in over the next 500 miles.

Heres the pictures:

dropped donw 2" on the springs

album_pic.php?pic_id=2862

engine pretty much done, got a little bit of cleaning up to do:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2863

-Austin

very cool man.. u have a super clean car and your engine just looks sick.

have fun driving slow for 500miles.. it would be WAYYY to hard for me to do.

mike

Austin -Incredible! I am VERY, VERY impressed, pat yourself on your back my friend. Glad to help you out on the Walboro as well. I love seeing clean and effective installs, yours is a true shrine for that.

Can you tell me what level of difficulty it was to install the SDS in your car, I am pretty handy and I would like to seriously consider this upgrade next, SDS especially as I heard their tech support was incredible and I love that hand held that is in the car as well. What tips, info etc etc can you share. The CAS trigger did not look hard to mount or am I missing something? Any other tricky parts of such an install. Did you figure out why the car will not rev over 5K?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards - Yasin

For the distributor block off another idea is to find a freeze plug that fits in the distributor hole and tap it in. A friend of mine did that and it worked well. I think he also cut the top of the shaft to remove any excess rotating mass (probably got 1/1000 hp out of that one). Very very very nice job!

:2thumbs:

Jon

Hey,

-SlownRusty -- havent been able to drive it much since i finshed the motor, its been iced over and i just got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday.. ugh. Anyway Hopfully get a few more miles on her this weekend. The motor seems to be runing great on my SDS mapps but i really need to get it to the dyno to check my timing and fuel curves.

-Jersery -- Yes that is the stock FPR mounted to the front, i ran my feed line to the back of the rail. So the FPR is last. Hopfully in the future ill be upgrading to an adjustable FPR and SS lines.

MATE!! That is an awesome looking motor!!!! Get some more miles on it and let us know how it goes when its all tuend and worn in.!!!

Aftermarket computers are the best hey!!

Looks great....

Well done