HybridZ

Help with some compilation CDs im making...

Sparky

hey gang,

My girlfriend wants me to make her some new CDs and I was thinking about two that would be kinda dorky, but at the same time enjoyable, in that ashamed kinda way :roll:

haha, anyway, what im looking for, is for yall to name off some bands and songs that you think best fit these two genres:

80's music

and grunge scene

let the suggestions roll in..............

Guest smoov280zx

Grunge:

Nirvana: In Bloom, The man who sold the world, come as you are, lithium, lake of fire, where did you sleep last night(unplugged). As a matter of fact, the whole unplugged album is awesome :rockon:

STP: Interstate love song, Plush, creep

Alice in chains: Rooster, Man in the box, Down in a hole(studio)

Radiohead: Creep, karma police

I've noticed that many girls who like grunge like green day, but damn that stuff gets annoying fast. Better to not bring it up :)

I must be getting old, I cant remember too much :). I don't like much rock from the 80's, i usually just skip the whole decade. There is definitely some great hip-hop and rap from the 80's, really classic stuff like grandmaster flash and rakim, who most people rip off pretty regularly.

I'm not advocating downloading music :twisted: , but you could go to cdnow.com and search for random bands and just search for the song list on a p2p like overnet or edonkey2000. If you own the albums, *ahem*.

Mitch

download any song you can get from....

Amazing Royal Crowns.

they rule! Jake on here brought me to them and there music is just pure badass.

also...

Dead Boys.

Pulp Fiction soundtrack songs.

RadioHead.

Jimmy Eat World.

and i have a few others, ill look for the cd's.

and come on... Green day rules, so good in concert.

mike

-Better Than Ezra

-Candlebox

-David Bowie

-Depeche Mode

-Divinyls

-Human Leauge

-Missing Persons

-Moden English

-Psychedelic Furs

-(more) Radiohead

-Smashing Pumpkins

-Tears For Fears

-The Cars

Just to name a few :D

cool, forgot about human leauge, thats the ticket when it comes to 80s mixes!

thanks everyone, keep em comin!

alice in chains... bleed the freak, i stay away, angry chair

soundgarden... head down, day i tried to live, outshined, rusty cage

stone temple pilots... dead and bloated, basically the whole 1st album

pearl jam... go, rats, evenflow, .....

nirvana... all apolgies, heart-shaped box, drain you, come as you are, lithium, pretty much anything they wrote

hope that helps...i love muisic so i could keep going all night.. :twisted:

That Blind melon song is called "No Rain" And yes, good $hit it is! :) I'd have to say everything by Nirvana (hell they started the 'grunge' thing..) And almost evrything from AIC.. Personally, a lot off the 'Facelift' album sound too much like Guns n' Roses.. yech.. never liked Axel's whining voice.. But hey, that was the eighties... Guys with big/long hair singing/screaching as if they were female.. :?

Guest freakypainter

did you just say that cash's version of HURT is better?!!???!?!?!?!? you must have done as much drugs as he did, lol. He absolutely ruined that song, I cant even listen to the original without that wretched video going through my head, lol

did you just say that cash's version of HURT is better?!!???!?!?!?!? you must have done as much drugs as he did, lol. He absolutely ruined that song, I cant even listen to the original without that wretched video going through my head, lol

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? :malebitchslap: LOL

dude, even trent reznor himself said cash's version was better! :shock:

I love music, but Cash's version sucked. When his CD was being sold on TV, I thought it was a Saturday Night Live joke. He had the same mono-tone voice, with no feeling for every one of the songs played during the comercial. I actually felt bad for the guy. But hey, this is just my opinion.

!M!

Keep in mind the dude was DYING when he recorded all that stuff. The one that even I can't handle is his Bridge Over Troubled Water. I hate the original, so that might have something to do with it. I'm also a long time Cash fan, so I may be a little biased. Road trips with the family when I was 7, it was Folsom Prison Blues all the way, baby!!!

Jon