HybridZ

Digital video editting applications---recommendations--

Tim240z

The software that came with my camera (ImageMixer V. 1.5 - Pixela/Sony), is not all that functional or user friendly. Can you guys recommend a good editor program for MPEG video files? Freeware would be great, but I am willing to actually buy the software----as long as it doesn't cost a fortune....this is after all just for kicks and giggles......

Thanks,

Tim

Guest MistressMotorsports

You might want to check out Pinnacle Studio (7 or whatever the latest is). A couple of us use that with good success. Easy capturing and editing. I go it in a bundle with a firewire cable and some other stuff for less than $80. I would think just the software would be around $50. I also had an editor that came with my computer, but I like the Pinnacle better.

Mike

Just going through the programs that came with my computer Windows Movie Maker seemed decent, and Movie Shaker is pretty good, You might check out some of the adobe premier type programs, I'm not sure if they ever released a cheaper more basic program (they did with photoshop).

Of course if you had a Mac I would just say to use iMovie(its free) and does a great job.

http://www.adobe.com

I know it's very expensive, but there is a fully functional trial of Premiere Pro that you can download and use for 30 days. I recommend you give that a shot (if for nothing else, just to a have a baaaad *** program to use while you look around).

107mb download...well worth the free time. :) :)

I use movie shaker (came with my sony viao)

The windows movie maker is about as good.. both are fairly easy to use...(heck i never read the instructions, and I've done some pretty cool vids..

I never tried the image mixer that came with my sony mini dv.. ( I was already using movie shaker..

BTW movie shaker has a special format for uploading to the imagestation site... it turned my 48meg 3min vid into a 3meg vid ...my video called "MIB"