HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
auxilary

Wankel's in the car now

Guest crayZ
I'm pretty sure the 26B quad rotor was available in their light trucks (2-3 ton) from Japan. I'm not 100% sure if this is what Bar B has used in his Bimmer.

Mazda light trucks had 26B quad rotor? I kinda doubt that. I think the 26B series were all custom built by the people themselves.. I have see that modded Bar B purple Bimmer, looks like it will have some real traction controls if they are planning for heavy modifications. :)

In fact, I know this sounds crazy and all, but what if having a 26B with all the artificial aspiration modifications done to it and then fitted to a 240Z? :D

so, where's the car at aux? havn't seen anything on it in a while.

oh, and why did you decide to mount the motor towards the passanger's side? Tranny location? Just crious, because you really didn't leave yourself much room for the turbo/exhast set up. I only ask because eventually i want to do a 13b convertion in my ZX. I hope to be able to use the stock ECU & twin turbos due to california smog laws.

mazda tranny is offset to passenger side, and so is the stock datsun drivetrain. Double shift, so to speak. I probably screwed up somewhere, but it seems to line up. Maybe much later in the future I'll redo the motor mounts.

progress? Car's at a friend's shop, and exhaust manifold is getting welded this weekend, hopefully. Just working on doing the fuel system, lines, wiring, etc. All the little stuff like AN lines and fittings really add up. To the tune of 500-600 bucks at least!

100_0010_IMG.sized.jpg

Yea, i understand, it's the little things that kill ya. Did you buy just a core or a front clip? I'm thinking of going with a clip when i do mine.

I'd love to check this out when it's done. Post on the board before you take it to the track.

Bought an engine with wiring harness and ECU as a stand alone. Transmission came from a bunk motor I picked up dirt cheap prior to this one. Looks like it was rebuilt before, because it has non-factory seals. We replaced the oil pump chain, cleaned it, it's got compression. Haven't fired it up yet, but that'll be done shortly