HybridZ

LS1 update--runs

Today I was able to start the motor. Stan (240Z2NV) was over for the start up. I let it run for about 10 min so that I could fill the radiator up all of the way. Now all I have left on the swap is to put the exhaust back on. A few more days and there will be one more LS1 Z on the road.

Mike

Funny, but I think your cars are faster then Darius' car was and yours are NA, plus you live in neighboring cities--how's it feel? :D That is just too cool. Man, I salute you--you are fast at making it all happen too. The LS1 will be faster then the LT1 I predict (now don't let me down :D).

Davy

How do you do it so fast?

Let me guess. No Kids, No Wife. That must be it.

I can't believe you got it together in less than 30 days. Do you want to fly out here and do mine? Now that you have done one we could probably do mine in a week. I'll feed you steak and Lobster every day, all the beer you can drink and a nice place to stay.

All kidding aside, Congrats! I can't wait to see the track numbers.

JKDGabe The only hold back on the swap was the headers. The LS1 swap is just like the LT1 swap with the only diff is that you have to make some mounts.

Sanderson are now going to make the headers that I have on my car. Cyris old 240z ls1 now has the same set of headers on his car. John now owns the car.

qwik240z

I have a wife also, I just spend about 1-2 hours every night on it.

So how did sanderson make the headers for you? Did you take your car there and have them make them or did you just have to modify a set of headers?

I suppose swapping from the LT1 to LS1 made swap a lot easier since you had most of the wiring done?

Guy

80LT1 I had Sanderson make the headers. I tried some of the in stock headers and then took them back and had them make changes.

All of the LT1 wiring was taken out of the car, and the new LS1 harness went in. It was just like starting over.

Thanks to Mike every LS1 swapper can now simply order the correct set of headers right from Sanderson.

Props to the trailblazer. :2thumbs:

Not exactly. It would depend on motor placement as Mike made his own mounts and John's cars makes different mounts as did others. If you don't position the motor in almost the exact location you might have clearance issues.