HybridZ

ELECTRAMOTIVE 280ZX TWIN TURBO header

Z-Gad

I had contacted the seller of these headers and he was kind enough to send me a few photos. The price was very reasonable for the piece, but my $ is going elsewhere at this time...

Anyway, Rick was kind enough to host a couple of pics of these for me. I would like to see someone on the board get them so I can see them in person someday. The seller's name is Wayne Hennebury and his email is wayne@matrixmotorco.com

I was going to post these in the for sale section, but would like to hear some discussion on them since you don't see them everyday!!

http://rick.thebowersplace.com/ZGad/P280ZX2T.JPG

http://rick.thebowersplace.com/ZGad/P280ZXTT.JPG

Well, you gotta remember it was used in a full race car. It surely used an engine plate and did not have the stock radiator support to deal with. It is placing the turbos that far forward would get all the heat away from them and they would have only cool air up front to breathe. Routing of the intercooler plumbing would be a sinch and the wastegates could just vent to atmosphere from where they are...Speeder (Rick) and I were discussing this header the other night and decided it would be difficult task to mount it to a stock body car. It would be a great conversation piece though. I'd like to have it hanging on my garage wall :wink:

From my book, how to modify your Datsun OHC engine, i remember that this engine was indeed fittet on a plate, and in an angle, not mounted straight as our stock Z, i think it would be a job to make it fit! any pics of this headers attached to an engine?