HybridZ

Project Is Picking Up Decisions Decisions

So I managed to squerille qway 2K without the wife noticing so its time to spend spend spend!!! I have ordered a Rotisserie and am getting stripper/metal ready/POR-15 but all that is coming out of my account so no damage to the squerille nest!! I now need to decide what I want to get. Do I start with bushings, coil overs,rear disk set up and axles from Tim. Or do I buy a 2000 LS1 I found with all the goodies included..ecm/harness/AC/H2o Pump etc....? It is out of a 2000 Ram Air Firebird w/57k. :bonk:

Unless you have another nest :) I would do first things first and get what you need next to finish the chasis. Easier said than done though right? Remember those wheels you liked so much, not in my PHASE I budget, neither were the toyota brake calipers....getting my drift? But they did come at a price, I will be driving my Z with a metal interior for a while :(

If you're taking that all the way down to the metal, save that 2k for primer, paint, stripper, paper towels, gloves, masks, scotchbrite, metal prep, superclean...you're probably going to be out of money before you have really gotten started. Good luck. :wink:

OK Guys you talked me into it!! Today I am ordering:

Part ------Place

Rotisserie --- Private

Welder --- Cyberweld

Helmut --- Harbor Freight

Air Chisel ---Harbor Freight

Control Arms ---Arizona Z

Coil Overs ---Modern Motorsports

Struts ---Modern Motorsports

Bushings --- Motor Sports Auto

Marine Clean --- POR-15

Metal Ready --- POR-15

POR-15 --- POR-15

Stripper --- POR-15

The only problem is I may have to wait a bit for the Rotisserie. I am giving me brother the dough so I can order this stuff without wifey finding out!!! :D She would drop a load if she knew what I was up to!! It makes it even more fun!!!

that looks good except for the control arms. don't get me wrong, i think that the Arizona Z car arms are awesome, but they are also pricey. if i were you i would contact Ross at MML about control arms first. i know he has been working on a set for quite a while now. either way, it doesn't hurt to get another quote.

Ross's arms are going to be about the same ammount as Arizona Z's. The MML arms will be all steel where as the AZ ones are Cromolly. Any opinions on which material would be better. Obviously the Chromoly is lighter and looks sweet. Both are fully adjustable "on car". Thoughts?

Thanks

Keep in mind that the AZ Car ones are only toe adjustable in place. To adjust camber you have to remove the spindle pin. Not seeing Ross's in person, from seeing the CAD rendering it appears that toe setting could stress the threads on the adjusters as it appears that there is no pivot point there. Have to wait and see what happens after an installation and some 'run time'.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am moving now!! I have all my stuff, minus the coil overs, and bushings. I am going to wait a couple of weeks until I order them. The car is no more than a shell now!! I bought a awesome rotissereie from Denny411, mounted the shell and am going to start my few rust repairs tonight. This rotisserie is Huge!! All 3" square stock, I could probably mount my Bronco on it with the engine, tranny, and wheels still on it. I will snap some pics tonite and post them.

I should have taken all the small parts out of the shell before I mounted it. They are all uninstalled, I was just storing them in there. Maybe I will just roll it over on it's side and let them pour out!! :D