HybridZ

jtr parts

Hello all.....anyone think a metal fab shop would charge alot less to make the adapter plates that are in the jtr book????anyone recommend someone???Thanks, Mike

I really cant recommend anyone but I would say that you could get the parts cheaper. It really isn't complicated work so I really wouldn't worry about workmanship. I would just go with your cheapest quote and then measure the parts yourself to make sure they are right.

I am sure you can get the stuff cheaper somewhere or even do it yourself. BUT I just received my parts from JTR last night and man, was that EASY! Everything lines up exactly where it is supposed to, the quality is very good, (for stampings). The coating (ZINC) is great, I think it is a decent deal.

I am happy, and I am pretty picky.

Guest 77vegasz

I live in Las Vegas and had a local shop, Mechanix Fab, Inc. 702-566-1128

make mine, it has been a while back, but I think all parts combines cane to around 175.00.

Jon

do the parts work with an LS1 engine?

Nope. They work with the regular small blocks and the LT1's.

I liked how JTR didn't make you buy everything, I got the setback plates, spacers, trans xmember, and radiator supports for 218 delivered w/ in 2 days of order.

Those of you that have used JTR parts: Did you use the crossmember spacers that lower the crossmember by 1/2"? And did you drill the crossmember to compensate for the roll center? I'm doing a modified JTR position, trying to drop the engine about and inch and back about 1-1/2" (that's about as far as I can go) from the Scarab position (I have an original Scarab kit installed) but I'm stepping up to a T56 and doing everything else I can at the same time.

Thanks!

First it is not worth having someone else make your plates, I bought metal and tryed to use a saw zaw and they drilled them. I was not happy at all and it took a long time. to pay someone to make them I would bet would only be a very little cheaper.

AS for the the cross member spacers they give you more hood clearance, most people dont use them...

Guest 71240350Z

You Guys are going to love me,!, I actually fabricate the JTR brackets, I have 2 sets right here right now, they normally sell for $325.00, but sence we are like a family right here, I will nock off 125.00 and sell the full bracket set for only 200.00, My father in Law owns a KICK ASS metal shop, he has a 120 ton press and all types of amazing ( drule :P ) metal fab equipment, I had him make my brackets for my Z, he did a WAY PRO Job on them, I only wish he would NOT have painted them black, he didnt wait for them to have a chance to dry before he packed them up and sent them too me (BIG MESS THERE), but the brackets are still top notch and will cost you less to have me do it,( sence the desighns are already punched and saved into his machine) your BIG cost in having a metal shop custom make your own is that they need to get the desighns programed into there machine, it would be less expencive to eather make them yourself (BIG MESS HOURS AND HOURS OF HARD WORK) or just pay the 325.00 for JTR to send you some, or even less ME to do it for you $200.00 anyway if you would like me to send you the brackets, send 200.00 to PayPal ID superserveyou@yahoo.com my Ebay business name/ID is saltlakesales, My father in laws business is ran out of California, its called

Echo Metal Works you can also send the funds to his PayPal account, if you would like me to make you some brackets please call me at 801-765-0162, I could have you some within a week after paying for them, but before you send the funds please contact me so I know to expect the funds. thanks your new friend Josh Anderson 71240350Z

I paid 218.00 to JTR for the setback plates, block spacers, trans x member, upper and lower radiator mounts and the rubber radiator supports. Delivered w/ in 2 days of order.

Are these the parts you are offering to make, or do you include the rest of the components that JTR offers in their full $325.00 kit (Throttle cable, hood latch, etc). Please mention everything you are offering for $200 and post it in the Classifieds page. I am not trying to be a punk, just want some clarification for some of the newer members.