HybridZ

words fail me.... just look. (ebay Z)

tannji

Guest bastaad525

*is not impressed*

I really dont like the color scheme, unique yes, nice looking, sorry not for me. Second, it's a 260, and it's an auto... and it's running the darn webers, which I really dislike. He's asking too much for the shape it's in, I think... if it were a 240 maybe. And how the heck does anyone know for sure that it's 51,000 miles and not 151,000? Interior is the best part on that car I think minus the yucky sheepskin seat covers :)

At $8,000, he's asking way too much.... 260's are usually viewed as the LEAST desirable of the S30's, at least to all the Z guys I know.

I just want to slap whoever applied that leatherette.... back in the day we had a term for that and it wasnt Rice.... but kinda politically incorrect these days.... I never really got past the top, you guys noticed details I didnt, like the $8000 price...... :roll:

Wow, what a conflicting bucket of... Well, you know. I think he's being wildly optomistic with the $8k "buy it now" price, especially in light of the roof, the Webers, the interior damage, the repaint and the automatic.

As a side note, I saw a green car like this in a junkyard once, but the roof was PURPLE!!!

The current bid is only 1800 which isn't too bad. The engine and transmission are hybrid bait anyway so who cares? I have downdraft webers. They are smog leagal and considerably better than the original flat top SU's, but I can say first hand they are not an ideal set up.

The top is really bizzare and like all vinyl has trapped a ton of rust underneath. The paint looks clean but probably covers up many other problems. Dash cap pretty well means no show car. Funny how he tries to describe it as "such a clean original". He appears honest but obviously has an over inflated sense of worth on this car.

Guest Thurem

Sometimes, The value of a thing is only the attached pricetag. How many hummers do you think they would sell if they were priced like Hyundais.

Second point is: There is an idiot born every minute, you just gotta get lucky and find the right idiot. So this guy might get lucky and find the right idiot for 8K$. Personally I wouldn't touch it with an 8 ft firepoker.

Thure

It has a vinyl top that is probably hiding a ton of rust - been there. It has rust in the rockers. IGood grief - it's a Colorado car - just think of the rust potential. It has sheepskins on the seats - probably because the original seats are shredded. It has a dash cap so we know the original dash is toast and it doesn't look like he did a very good job putting the cap on.

51,000 miles, 1,700 miles /year - I don't think so. If that's the case and this car is worth $8,000 then my '77 LS1 car with only 9,600 miles on it must be worth at least $30k. :oops::oops: Oops, that is how much I have in it!