HybridZ

Lets see how the service at MSA is...

zguy95135

On Sunday (the show) I bought their premium exhaust system for the stock manifold. I opened it up today to install it only to find they gave me the wrong one, I got the one for headers which costs some $40 less. I hope hey better send me the headpipe (I can pay for shipping) instead of making a big deal about it, I havent dealt with them much so I dont know how this is going to work. We'll see...

Guest bastaad525

They're usually very good customer service-wise, in my experience. They ship promptly as well. However, they DO seem to make a LOT of mistakes... I've recieved a couple of orders from them with the wrong parts or parts missing.

I ordered a fibergalss 240 bumper and some various interior parts. Two weeks later the box comes with only the bumper. I called MSA and at first they didn't really believe me, but I assured them they screwed up. They told me they would ship my parts out. A few days later my parts came in as promised. My experience was pretty hit and miss. They didn't include my order, but corrected their mistake.

I ordered a Airdam from MSA on Feb 28/04. About 2-3 weeks ago I sent a email to them asking what was taking so long. Within 2 days I recieved a call about some trouble processing my order, I phoned them (Sales Rep: Sal) and have yet to hear back from him, after leaving several messages on his voice mail (He seems to NEVER be in the office) I got fed up.

So bottom line for me was - They take WAY to long to process a order, and dont contact you or bother to return your phone calls. I realize they cant stock all their body parts in stock, but taking about 7 weeks to do nothing, then for me to contact them and they tell me, there was problems processing my order. Shouldnt I have been contacted if there was problems? I shouldnt have to wait to contact them to find out there was a problem. So now the part is ready to ship and then another almost 2 weeks and it still hasnt shipped out and I havent recieved any phone calls/email from them. I ordered the part from VB last night. I can say that I will never order any part through MSA again unless I can locally go pick it up in California. I am suprised to hear bastaad525 say that they ship promptly - because that sure hasnt been my experience. Maybe they treat people in California differently then us Canadians.

Must be a Canadian thing because even out here in Texas - and we know how Californians love Texans - I get excellent service. I've gotten a carpet kit, seat cover kit, mirror kit, Aero II ground effects kit, european springs, turbo muffler, console cover, complete seal kit, literally dozens of urethane bushings, and an autopower roll bar from them. The only thing that has been delayed is the cover for the roll bar because it had to be back ordered - which I was told when I ordered it. I called and talked to them yesterday, it's supposed to ship next Monday so I ordered another console cover to go with the 83ZX while I had them on the phone.

Compared to other organizations I've dealt with over the years I'd rate them near the top.

Well I suppose I'll chime in.

I have bought stuff from them for many years now. (I order something once a year, or more if I'm in a project)

I only had one mistake.. they sent me front flares instead of rear flares. Everything else..even big boxes came with no probs...now shipping and import duties is a whole other bees nest... so much for free trade!

I bought TWO mirrors TWO!!!! they were 19.99 each. After the shipping charges, and taxes (all in USD) Then converting it to Canadian funds..when the dollar was like 55 cents. THEN import duties, those two mirrors cost me....

$130.00!!!! :shock::puke:

well, the system came today, but im having problems putting it on. The pipes from the headpipe back are REALLY low... im probably going to have to shorten the headpipe by about 2 inches because it is subtancially longer then the stock one (lying on the ground its about 2 inches higher)

haha, I found out why it doesnt fit right. They gave me the right kit, but the wrong headpipe. I got one for a 260Z instead of a 280Z and I missed the office by 5 minutes (closes at 3:30pm) and will call tomorrow. I know what you mean Bastaad525 when you say they make a lot of mistakes. Well third time is a charm.