HybridZ

610rwhp and 400lb of torque

stony

Congrats and good luck. The key will be dialing in the convetor.

Scottie, you are correct Sir, This is why i wanted to dyno the car before i ripped everything out so i could get an idea where the torque curve was. A 5500 stall with a 6000flash should work well. It might be a bit high but we will see. I plan on changing out the exhaust housing to a smaller unit which should help out in the lag department. the transbrake will load the motor...that and the combination or a 2 step should bring the power on alot earlier. well at least i hope.

240ztt sorry been out of touch but i have crashed and reformatted my computer 10 times over and lost everbodies adress. i guess that will teach me not to keep computer copies only :bonk:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest porschephile

Yeah, I'm not down with the powerglide either. Of course, that's probably because I despise everything that isn't manual. :wink: Bad@ss, nonetheless Stony! Keep up the great work and get some hires vids soon!

motorrex should be able to get you anything you need along with any of the other imports on teh west coast. hope your not in a hurry

BTW i have an OS Giken triple with low milage and a r33 gts-t route 6 5 speed (RWD) tranny with close ratio gearing that im selling also let me know if your interested

Guest RPMZ

Wow ….. some nice bits on that RB. I’ll take it the car will be setup for drag racing only since you are going powerglide.

T-8834D, 720cc injectors, 280 cams with 11.5 MM lift ………. I think you’ll be maxing out those injectors very soon unless you run fairly high fuel pressure. I think you’ll be needing 8500cc + injectors (which is a good sign)

BTW ……… those cams are big, especially the lift……….. the car will defiantly have distinctive idle. Can’t wait to see the car make a few passes.

What computer are you running on the RB???

Also ATS in Japan makes great triple plate clutches, which extremly user friendly, but also very expensive.

I got a DVD with Jap drags, where there is 260Z with RB26 running 9.9@146mph on Nittos. Will try to post the vid this week some time.

:shock:

WOAH! thats amazing stony! Thats the route I'm going to be going with my Z in a few years, (not quite at mean as yours though, going to keep it to 400-500 hp MAX)

9500rpm max? damn! stock internals? or upgraded? (unfortunatly im not as familiar with RB series as i will need to be)

Guest Sloparman

powerglides are amazing trannys for straight line speed, and you dont have to worry about breaking them, Good choice imo.

powerglides are amazing trannys for straight line speed, and you dont have to worry about breaking them, Good choice imo.

I second that opinion.

You know, supras DO run faster than 12's, but all the sub 12 supras are automatics. No joke. An automatic supra with few mods makes it to 11's. But a manual with TONS of mods has hard time making it.

Autos shift faster, more reliable, and are all in all better performing. Not as fun to drive, but a good auto set up yeilds very nice street/strip performance. Can't really be awsome in the circut, but that's not wht you put a motor like that in a Z car.

I'm impressed. I'm still waiting to see the 1000+ Z car with a skyline motor decked all out. I've seen many skylines do it, but i've never seen it done with a z car.

So, what havn't you changed yet? By the sound of it you have lots of room to expand if you want. Am i wrong?

Guest porschephile

There is at least 1 s30 Z in Japan using attesa and an rb26 w/ 1000+hp. I saw a website before but can't remember it.

I'm building my Z towards circuit/road track racing and for the street. Kind of the opposite of Stony's. I will be working hard over the next 10-12 months, and hopefully I can post some pics/progress on it soon. Too many toys to buy and not enough dough! :wink:

• 1 year later...
If not a Powerglide?What auto are you going to be running?Who is making your tranny adaptor.Those are awesome #`s I can`t wait to see your #`s at 9000 plus rpm.

Man i lost track of this one sorry

I bought my tranny adapter from castle mine rod shop in australia fro likr 550 shipped. had everything i need except the conerter

Wow ….. some nice bits on that RB. I’ll take it the car will be setup for drag racing only since you are going powerglide.

T-8834D' date=' 720cc injectors, 280 cams with 11.5 MM lift ………. I think you’ll be maxing out those injectors very soon unless you run fairly high fuel pressure. I think you’ll be needing 8500cc + injectors (which is a good sign)

BTW ……… those cams are big, especially the lift……….. the car will defiantly have distinctive idle. Can’t wait to see the car make a few passes.

What computer are you running on the RB???

Also ATS in Japan makes great triple plate clutches, which extremly user friendly, but also very expensive.

I got a DVD with Jap drags, where there is 260Z with RB26 running 9.9@146mph on Nittos. Will try to post the vid this week some time.

:shock:[/quote']

It is a drag car that will see some street cruising....

Your right the injectors were allready pretty much maxed out running extremly hi pressure. going with at least a 950cc more likely 1000cc....

I will be running the new HKS FCON V pro.

WOAH! thats amazing stony! Thats the route I'm going to be going with my Z in a few years' date=' (not quite at mean as yours though, going to keep it to 400-500 hp MAX)

9500rpm max? damn! stock internals? or upgraded? (unfortunatly im not as familiar with RB series as i will need to be)[/quote']

The crank is what will limit RPMs. everything else is HKS internals

Guest babyfacenc2005

if i could ONLY use my kids monopoly money to do the same.. there's a complete engine,trans,axles and the works on ebay for 5 grand now.. if this lottery tic in my pocket hits,i'll donate the cheese to buy this one for a group project.. we all vote how it's done,put our minds together.. and have a builder create a 1000 hp monster,then put all the names in a bag and one of us wins it..yeah.. uh by the way,stoney, that was awesome,man.. send me some audio/visual,and i'll sift through the lint in my pocket for my last dollar.send it to u. STONEY: THE MAN. THE VISION. THE...DUST.. HEY,WHERE'D HE GO??:shock:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977521030&category=33615&sspagename=WDVW37_1_b.JPG

if i could ONLY use my kids monopoly money to do the same.. there's a complete engine,trans,axles and the works on ebay for 5 grand now.. if this lottery tic in my pocket hits,i'll donate the cheese to buy this one for a group project.. we all vote how it's done,put our minds together.. and have a builder create a 1000 hp monster,then put all the names in a bag and one of us wins it..yeah.. uh by the way,stoney, that was awesome,man.. send me some audio/visual,and i'll sift through the lint in my pocket for my last dollar.send it to u. STONEY: THE MAN. THE VISION. THE...DUST.. HEY,WHERE'D HE GO??:shock:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977521030&category=33615&sspagename=WDVW[img']http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/1b/d3/37_1_b.JPG[/img]

Nah on that ebay deal... Any R32 motor set that needs a quart of clearcoat sprayed on it to try and sell, I'll stay away from.... :shock:

Guest JAMIE T

LOL, it is right shiny!

All this talk has got me itch'n. I need to go turn a wrench. Later...

Oh, Stony, what is the Route 6 tranny? I think this is the one I got from you. I've never heard the term before.