HybridZ

12.866 @ 112.14mph Video

Jersey

Guest znow white

congrats on the new time jersey how much boost are u running?

edit: wow you can just see your cuz catching you in the top end...are you still running your stock t3?

Thanks guys. It was more or less to find out how Nicks 280 would do... and to see what was weak and would break :roll: Turned out, we both drove home just as we drove in... this time. No real updates on my Z, added a FPR and turned it up a little just so i wouldn't lean out too much as i (think) was the last time at the track. Same stock T3 running about 16-17psi. Once again, horrible 60ft times. Everyone said the same that the track was a bit slick and i'm sure our street tires didn't help. Oh yeah, I'm sure 95-100% humidity didn't help much either! lol. That run between us wasn't the fastest but, it was definitely the most fun i had at the track. We were basically side by side the whole time. He left the gate first, i caught and passed him by about 1/2 foot, then around half track we were near even and then his T3/T4 just pulled a bit more on top and he edged me out. Couldn't have been more than a foot between us the entire race. I did run the quarter faster then him on that run but he crossed the line inches before me so, he's been enjoying hanging the image of that little red light at the end of the trap over my head the last few days :) It was real fun. Here's the timeslips. I'm 6623 and Nicks 6666...

5226LENvsNICK_Slip.JPG

522612_86_Slip.JPG

Good God Jersey!

Those 60's suck! :D get some 1.8's or 1.9's and you'll have me beat easily! I think you are still running stock efi also correct? Anyways that's cool that you have another fast turbo z to cruise around with. I've got a guy like that but his car NEVER runs! (caugh) IVAN (caugh)!

nice runs anyways

Garrett

You're so right Garrett, they do suck but i just had to ease off the line or i would just spin em. I'm looking to get the Hoosier QTP 26-9.5x14 for the next time. Just hard to eat $175 for a track only tire when i dont go very often. My setup is damn near yours except it's a '73, no 60mmTB and NPR IC. How do you get any traction? Ivan, sounds like you've been slacking :) It also sounds like you could use a hand...(cough)garrett(cough) Yo, i hope to be down where you run in the low 12's. I was thinking the same - with 111-112mph i (we) should be mid to low 12's but, if i actually hook and get a good 60, i think my trap speed will be less due to that i'll be covering the track faster, no? I can never figure that whole trap mph/ET thing out. Guess the only true way is to just change it up and go back! Thanks guys. What do you guys run tire-wise at the track? I need something sticky that'll last a bit.

That vid with your cousin was REALLY COOL! I used to have this guy I autoxed against every month. We were in different classes, but we were usually within .1 seconds total time. Sometimes he would win, sometimes I would win, but nothing makes racing more exciting than having some close competition.

Thanks for sharing!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks Jon. You're so right. It was one of the best times i had at the track. Here in NJ at the track i go to on Friday nights, believe it or not, i outrun most of the guys by a good amount. Dont get me wrong, there are a few regulars that have "non-streetable" cars that kill me and run 9-10 second quarters but for the most part, the street guys are usually running 14-15seconds. I only run on open test/tune night just to have fun and see if i can beat my own personal best but, when Nick and i were side by side like that for basically the whole run, that was great. It probably helped that it was another Z as well :) It was also fun to have a bunch of people come around our cars in the pits to see what kind of cars they were (most young kids have no idea) and to see what we were running. Not many Z's in our area that come out of the garage and play (RAGS :wink: ) Actually, not that many Z's in NJ period!