HybridZ

Anyone with Pics of their rear spoiler?

Jersey

Hey guys. I'm trying to decide wether i want to go with the MSA 50-1573 rear spoiler or not. If you happen to be running this one and have a good pic or 2 of the rear of your Z, please post them. Also, opinions on this style are welcome. Thanks. Here's a pic from MSA's site...

large501573.jpg

Guest 350Zen
nope, I 've got a ricey wing on my Z. I've seen that wing before though and it is nice if you want a subtle look. I wanted a bold look, thus big wing.

In my opinion big wings look stupid, most are not sunctional, at least you don't have a front-wheel-drive car.

Hey 350Zen, you might want to read the introduction page to this forum so your remarks on your third post aren't so disrespectful. No matter what your intent was you just called drftn280zx2+2's car stupid looking. We appreciate your input, but please make it constructive.

Regards,

Guest 350Zen
Hey 350Zen' date=' you might want to read the introduction page to this forum so your remarks on your third post aren't so disrespectful. No matter what your intent was you just called drftn280zx2+2's car stupid looking. We appreciate your input, but please make it constructive.

Regards,[/quote']

Sorry, didn't mean to call his car stupid looking, big wings just aren't my style, but if it makes them happy it's cool. Sorry about that.

Guest 320Zeven
nope' date=' I 've got a ricey wing on my Z. I've seen that wing before though and it is nice if you want a subtle look. I wanted a bold look, thus big wing.[/quote']

In my opinion big wings look stupid, most are not sunctional, at least you don't have a front-wheel-drive car.

i think a nice touring wing really balances the look of the car... with a nice front lip and some flares.. and they do work pretty nice at 100mph hehe, reallly stabilize the car.

Thrillz

Guest 350Zen
nope' date=' I 've got a ricey wing on my Z. I've seen that wing before though and it is nice if you want a subtle look. I wanted a bold look' date=' thus big wing.[/quote'']

i think a nice touring wing really balances the look of the car... with a nice front lip and some flares.. and they do work pretty nice at 100mph hehe, reallly stabilize the car.

Thrillz

If a wing is low like 4-6 inches off the car, I agree with you there, but anything over 8 inches is alittle too high for me, some people like it that way.

You're right about the stablizing, it does make a difference.

Guest 305240

My spoiler is identical to jkube's. I'm not going to mold mine in. I'll drill holes in the deck lid and rear fenders. I'll put nutplates in the spoiler pieces. All holes will be sealed with silicone or equivelent.

Note: Not to steal anyones thread, but here's an old school trick I learned way too many years ago. When working with bare metal, you are ALWAYS subject to moisture. Contrary to popular belief, bondo is not a bad thing. The reason it falls out is because it was put on too thick. IE body work not being done properly. The reason it cracks and shows rust underneat it is because of moisture. These are the main two reasons bondo has gotten a bad rep. The secret to making it stay is use as less as possible. IE cover hammer and file marks. Hammers and dollys do have a use. But, the most importent thing to applying bondo or fiberglass is to flash off the moisture before you apply it. To do this, simply take a propane torch and wave the flame over the bare metal and watch the moisture run before the flame. then apply bondo right away. it will stay with out rusting.